Confirmed with Link: (G) J. Markstrom (30% retention) traded to NJ for (D) Kevin Bahl, 2025 1st rd pick (Top 10 protected)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Bahl was expandable. As I said earlier IMO Markstrom isn’t an awesome goalie but he should provide above average goaltending and fits well with our play style. Look at his HDSV% and HDGSAA.

I don't think those numbers are sustainable one season to the next. But I guess we will find out.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Fitz absolutely had to nail down a goalie. Marky should be fine for the next few seasons. I'm fine with it. Fitz got his guy.
Exactly people put way too much stock into a first round pick to begin with. Even if it wasn’t top 10 protected it’s a huge steal for the devils. They get a veteran starting goalie for a mid d man and a pick next year.

Reactions: BostonDevil

captainscott2

Feb 23, 2024
the only curious thing here is we took one of this teams only bigger tougher guys and sent him... so glad we got a goalie... we needed it.. but the defense which was weak got weaker.. my guess is we are going after a top D in FA ..

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Fitz is a wizard over 30 percent retained is great

Markstrom will be around the 4 mil range

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'd argue on his career body of work, neither is Markstrom. But whatever. You're right about bahl, I can get over that. I don't like a first included in this deal at all though. I still think there is a solid chance we miss the playoffs next year.
If that happens we have bigger issues than losing a first-rounder anyway. And we wouldn't even lose the first rounder if it was top ten again.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I don't think those numbers are sustainable one season to the next. But I guess we will find out.
Next year is about all this is good for....Markstrom will be done in two years when we are seriously ready to compete..

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I wanna see holtz under a new coach.. everyone is giving up on him I see a good winger who needs to learn to play away from puck but has the capability/potnetial to play a heavy game
I agree I said I rather have kept holtz over the 10 this year if either was to be traded. Holtz new coach can finally go off

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Next year is about all this is good for....Markstrom will be done in two years when we are seriously ready to compete..

Oh we aren’t seriously ready to compete now? Mean maybe you should send Fitz an email letting him know not to trade or sign Timo

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Ehh...I don't really love the deal, but it's not the worst. Fine I guess. The expectation is that Markstrom will solidify the goaltending but....goalies are voodoo. He could just implode, because that's what goalies do.

Getting some retention and pick protection is important. I personally am higher on Bahl than most and think he was going to develop nicely. I would rather have moved Siegs in this deal honestly.

Fitz desperately needs to add another legitimate, top-four, LD defensive defenseman though.

captainscott2

Feb 23, 2024
Check back when Markstrom turns back into a pumpkin next year. The pick might be top half too.

I can get over losing 88 pretty fast, but I definitely concerned about the pick.
Well we will see.. 88 is prob gonna be a really good NHL Defenseman... fitz better round out this roster in FA We need to sign at least 3 good players... 1 or 2 defensman and tough, fast grindy.. bottom six forward..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad