G Hampton Slukynsky - Western Michigan University, NCAA (2023, 118th, LAK)

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio

Couldn't find a thread on the board, so wanted to start it. Went from best MN HS goalie at small school power Warroad, drafted in the 4th round by the Kings, to best USHL goalie with the Fargo Force, en route to a Clark Cup. Headed to Western Michigan University this fall.

I will say he's going to be Trey Augustine's backup at the 2025 World Junior.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO

Couldn't find a thread on the board, so wanted to start it. Went from best MN HS goalie at small school power Warroad, drafted in the 4th round by the Kings, to best USHL goalie with the Fargo Force, en route to a Clark Cup. Headed to Western Michigan University this fall.

I will say he's going to be Trey Augustine's backup at the 2025 World Junior.

Been on a rocket ship the last year. Originally was a Northern Michigan commit, changed late to WMU which will be a much better challenge. He’s not some 6-4 giant but he seems to fill the net well enough. I like that he simply has dominated at each level, at each step, with like no “transition” required. Obviously each step gets more challenging but if he makes the next step - I see shades of Swayman - another 4th round pick who had a dominate prep career, had one dominate season in the USHL and then was immediately fantastic for a lower-name NCAA team in a great conference.

Could be a remarkably similar path. Slukynsky doesn’t have quite the frame as Swayman and I am no judge of goalie talent but the trajectory and adaptation ease tells me this kid is underrated and worth a follow.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Been on a rocket ship the last year. Originally was a Northern Michigan commit, changed late to WMU which will be a much better challenge. He’s not some 6-4 giant but he seems to fill the net well enough. I like that he simply has dominated at each level, at each step, with like no “transition” required. Obviously each step gets more challenging but if he makes the next step - I see shades of Swayman - another 4th round pick who had a dominate prep career, had one dominate season in the USHL and then was immediately fantastic for a lower-name NCAA team in a great conference.

Could be a remarkably similar path. Slukynsky doesn’t have quite the frame as Swayman and I am no judge of goalie talent but the trajectory and adaptation ease tells me this kid is underrated and worth a follow.
Western Michigan will be interesting to follow even more while he's there. Ferschweiler has really turned the program around & turned a bunch of no namers/low profile types into legitimate high end NCAA players (McAllister, Sasson, Polin, Wendt, Grainger, plus resurrected Colangelo's career). Slukynsky should be in a good spot where he won't get peppered every night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad