Speculation: G - Erik Portillo, LA Kings (RFA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HockeyScotty

Sep 11, 2021
Looks like the new benchmark for "Goalie of the future" is $2 million AAV.

Kochetkov, Askarov, and now Portillo. Also pretty much what Vladar signed when they extended him with that expectation before he fell off and Wolf ascended into that role. Panthers more than doubled that when they signed Knight to his deal. Skinner (EDM) wasn't too far off when he signed his deal also.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I'm the petty kind. I try not to be but....smell ya later I hope your career has the same arch as Peterson.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I'm the petty kind. I try not to be but....smell ya later I hope your career has the same arch as Peterson.
Put yourself in his shoes. You’re a good prospect who was drafted by a different regime. This regime traded for a prospect on the same timeline that they prioritized from day one. Now…imagine he signed and they did exactly what they did…rush Levi into the NHL until sanity won out and they sent him down. What happens to your development in this scenario? Levi is going to play in Rochester over you. He’s their guy. So now you are either sitting for weeks on end or you’re playing down a level despite having a great first pro campaign going…as he did.

It would have been career malfeasance to sign in Buffalo with Levi there already. And it wouldn’t have done Levi any favors either. They both needed to play. That wasn’t going to happen here. He made the only call he could make

Peterson had none of that. He’s just a piece of garbage and I’m glad he failed miserably

Last edited:
Reactions: Rowley Birkin

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Put yourself in his shoes. You’re a good prospect who was drafted by a different regime. That regime traded for a prospect on the same timeline that they prioritized from day one. Now…imagine he signed and they did exactly what they did…rush Levi into the NHL until sanity won out and they sent him down. What happens to your development in this scenario? Levi is going to play in Rochester over you. He’s their guy. So now you are either sitting for weeks on end or you’re playing down a level despite having a great first pro campaign going…as he did.

It would have been career malfeasance to sign in Buffalo with Levi there already. And it wouldn’t have done Levi any favors either. They both needed to play. That wasn’t going to happen here. He made the only call he could make

Peterson had none of that. He’s just a piece of garbage and I’m glad he failed miserably
You vastly overestimate my care for his playing time etc. The Sabres once again lost a valuable asset that in your scenario you outlined could've been traded for more. I get what you're saying 100% but I care about the team not what he sees best for him. If he was scared of competition im glad he's gone anyways. Competition dominates roles in sports across the board. Dont let the door hit ya if you dont wanna work against competition for your role....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad