G Carter George - Owen Sound Attack, OHL (2024 Draft)

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
Looks to be the best CHL goaltending propect since Dustin Wolf. Wolf put up unbelievable numbers in the CHL and was still drafted in the in 7th round, so I don't expect George to be an early pick. Regardless, he continues to string together strong performances.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
His OHL career is pretty easy to predict. He'll be in the 90th percentile among OHL goalies for his career and challenge for OHL Goalie of the Year twice if he does an overager season. I have no idea if Owen Sound will be a contender but if they aren't and move him to one he has a long playoff run in his future. As for his pro career chances keep an eye on Dylan Garand as he'll show how likely George's chances are at going far.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Was just ranked as the number 1 North American goalie for the 2024 NHL draft. What round does he realistically get selected in?

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Was just ranked as the number 1 North American goalie for the 2024 NHL draft. What round does he realistically get selected in?
Terrible year for goaltending talent.
Someone probably goes goalie in 2nd but realistically no one deserves to go before round 3.

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
Very good U-18 for George, that game today was headed towards a blowout if it wasn't for him. Does he go in the 2nd round?
I hope the Oilers take him in the 2nd round. After Skinner, who is 25, Rodrigue, who is 23, and then two other 22+ year old goalies that I don't think make the NHL, we don't really have any goalie prospects.

George would be a great fit timeline wise, being 4 years younger than any other goalie in our system. I don't think he'd be blocked at all, which should let him thrive in the AHL when that time comes.

Reactions: Dominance

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
A USHL goalie surpassed him in the latest North American rankings....although after the tournament he had there is 0 chance that is is not rated #1 IMO in the final rankings.

The question was about CHL goalies specifically but yes he should be the clear cut #1 goalie from North America now.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The question was about CHL goalies specifically but yes he should be the clear cut #1 goalie from North America now.
A USHL goalie surpassed him in the latest North American rankings....although after the tournament he had there is 0 chance that is is not rated #1 IMO in the final rankings.

A few goalies had a better tournament than him statistically. He was great in the final and I’m not necessarily disagreeing with him being 1st, but I’m not seeing how that tournament changed things.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
A few goalies had a better tournament than him statistically. He was great in the final and I’m not necessarily disagreeing with him being 1st, but I’m not seeing how that tournament changed things.
These tournaments swing the balance for goalies. Pressure situation and he was the best player on the ice, winning gold. It matters a lot.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: