G Caleb Heil - Sioux Falls Stampede, USHL (2024 Draft)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The only American U18 goalie who has played regularly in the USHL this year. Played most of the games for USA at the Hlinka in the Summer, and got one game at the WJAC19 in December. Thought he already had a thread.

He’s a smaller goalie with good athleticism. Can make some very good saves. What I think it comes down to with this player is that he doesn’t stop pucks at a high enough rate. Context typically matters behind the stats, but I think you’ll find that he lets in too many soft goals than he should because his positioning and technically he’s not clean enough. He has some potential, but 6’1 with bad stats that are probably because he has too many holes in his game to perform well at this level? I probably wouldn’t consider him a draft pick, yet I wouldn’t be too surprised if a team took him anyway.

Has an .850 SV% in 19 games this season. Committed to UND for next season.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Added to the NTDP roster for this weekend.

This looks like it's in anticipation of the U18 Worlds. He played today in an exhibition against a bad college team, and like usual wasn't able to put up good stats. The rest of the team was.

USAH loves this guy. I think he'll lose it for us if he plays any games at that tournament. He has by far the lowest SV% in the USHL of all qualified goalies (.850), and was shaky at the Hlinka.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad