G Antoine Bibeau (2013, 172nd overall, Toronto)

East Hockey

Sep 1, 2014
Didn't win it though, Val d'Or lost in the semis in OT

Ye that's my bad, good eye. I put "Made a QMJHL final" and "Wins a Memorial Cup" then fixed only half of it. I had a few other mistakes when I made the list so I'm glad that's the only one left :sarcasm:

Pholus

May 23, 2014
He's looked really calm in net with the Marlies so far, seems to have pretty good rebound control for a 20 year old too.

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
Just looking at AHL goalie stats, I see he's doing really well in his first season (.913 SV% thru 13 games per EP). What do you guys think his realistic peak is? He's rated as a 6.5 D on HF, so what do you guys think his new talent rating and probability of success rating be?

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Just looking at AHL goalie stats, I see he's doing really well in his first season (.913 SV% thru 13 games per EP). What do you guys think his realistic peak is? He's rated as a 6.5 D on HF, so what do you guys think his new talent rating and probability of success rating be?

He's looked better than his stats so far -- the Marlies are a terrible team this year. I think he could be a decent backup in the league at some point. Nice size, calm between the pipes, very athletic. I don't see starting potential.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He is the next Pekka Rinne. Good to see Toronto drafted him.

He reminds me of Chris Osgood.

So much discrepancy between the 2 comparisons...

He's been really good with the Marlies and was really good with the Leafs in pre-season.

It's so hard to gauge a goaltenders upside but he's definitely a really good prospect now. We'll see how he does with a larger workload.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
His problem might be in the end Bernier is in front of him and Bernier is proving to be very very good so.that could be a. Issue at some point

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
His problem might be in the end Bernier is in front of him and Bernier is proving to be very very good so.that could be a. Issue at some point

Bernier is in the way 6-7 years from now when a young goalie like Bibeau is NHL ready, back up experienced, and prime to take over being the #1?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
He is the next Pekka Rinne. Good to see Toronto drafted him.

He reminds me of Chris Osgood.

:laugh: You two have a little different views I see.

Great to see Bibeau keeping up his play this year. Between him and Mantha Val D'or wouldn't have sniffed making it to the Memorial Cup last year.

He was never expected to have starter potential but he has definitely been improving. This is a prime example why I think its a waist to use a high draft pick to draft a goalie. They are way to unpredictable when it comes to development and seems to be a position which relies more on what's between your head rather than actual skill.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Antoine Bibeau, #172 OA, 2013

So he has done really well since being taken in the 6th round.

Last season he was the playoff MVP for his junior team.
This year he made the marlies and has 4 shutouts in 15 starts.

To put it in perspective his AHL numbers are:
better than Rask's 1st and 2nd year in the AHL
Slightly below Bernier's first real in the AHL

So for the leafs, he is looking like a very promising goalie prospect.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
I actually said this after last season ended, I firmly believe he will be the leafs seating goalie in a few years. His combination of size, structure and mobility is ideal for the NHL. Hopefully I'm right as he's still pretty raw. 4 shutouts in 15 games on arguably one of the worst teams in the ahl is pretty outstanding.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I watched him live in December. He is very impressive.

I actually said this after last season ended, I firmly believe he will be the leafs seating goalie in a few years. His combination of size, structure and mobility is ideal for the NHL. Hopefully I'm right as he's still pretty raw. 4 shutouts in 15 games on arguably one of the worst teams in the ahl is pretty outstanding.

Marlies are 2 points out of a playoff spot. Hardly the worst.

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
Hasn't been talked about in forever, but he's off to a hell of a start this year.

5 games in, the kid has 2 shutouts and is rocking a .951 SV% and a GAA of 1.40. Averaging 28.6 shots per game, so it's not like he's seeing abysmal work. He's just been excellent.

Would be really nice for the Leafs if this kid pieced it all together, because he has some decent potential.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I've watched him. To me he seems he has the ability to be an NHL goalie no doubt. Doesn't seem to be fazed either by the the pressure of being a pro goalie..
Since the Leafs don't have many forwards and Dmen that would be attractive to Vegas, Bibeau might be one of the four goalies taken by Vegas.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
bib.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x748.jpg

Antoine Bibeau
Goalie -- shoots L
Born May 1 1994 -- Victoriaville, PQ
22 yrs. ago
Height 6.03 -- Weight 207

RECENT STATS:

2014-15 - Toronto Marlies - AHL
31 Games... 15 Wins.. 10 Losses... 5 Ties... *4 S/O's..
.913 SV % ... 2.69 GAA..
-------------------------------------------------------------
2015-16 - Toronto Marlies - AHL
40 Games... 28 Wins.. 9 Losses... 1 Tie... *3 S/O's..
.909 SV % ... 2.70 GAA..
2016 AHL PLAYOFFS
12 Games... 6 Wins.. 5 Losses... 0 Ties... *1 S/O..
.900 SV % ... 2.73 GAA..
2016-17 - Toronto Marlies - AHL
13 Games... 6 Wins.. 5 Losses... 3 Ties... *3 S/O's..
.907 SV % ... 2.54 GAA..

Bon, Bibeau! : Antoine Bibeau 2015-16 Saves & Highlights - TML

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Odd bump since a .907 SV% this year and .909 last year is well below average....and has declined every year.

Mad Brills*

Leafs drafting woll was a warning shot towards bibeau's bow.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
Odd bump since a .907 SV% this year and .909 last year is well below average....and has declined every year.

Pretty sure the guy just wanted YouTube views. What a strange player to make a highlight package for :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad