Line Combos: Future Lines

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
f*** this high 2025 talk. The rebuild is over. We aren’t tanking anymore, from here on out the goal is playoffs whether we get there or not. You lose too many years in a row you become a loser franchise that accepts losing.

As for future lines, I’d start with

Slaf-Suzuki-Caufield
Roy-Dach-Demidov
Newhook-Beck-Hage
Heineman-Vet-RHP

Hutson-Reinbacher
Guhle-Mailloux
Xhekaj-Vet

Montembault
Fowler
We have a few UFA vets we will move out for whatever picks we can get, such as Armia and Dvorak. Savard may or be not be traded, depends on how the younger guys do this year and if Savard will sign a contract that works for both sides. If Anderson gets his game back I think he gets traded and for something good.

I don't think we get active in a big way with UFAs.

So this coming season , with just general improvement as players get experience, and a healthy Dach, I see us nipping around a playoff spot. But teams like New Jersey, Sabres, Detroit were doing that and so I could see us picking 10-15.

Dach in the lineup gives us a kķwwĺl2nd line and takes pressure off the 1st line. Bottom 6 is bad. The D should improve and goalies should be what we have seen.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
f*** this high 2025 talk. The rebuild is over. We aren’t tanking anymore, from here on out the goal is playoffs whether we get there or not. You lose too many years in a row you become a loser franchise that accepts losing.

As for future lines, I’d start with

Slaf-Suzuki-Caufield
Roy-Dach-Demidov
Newhook-Beck-Hage
Heineman-Vet-RHP

Hutson-Reinbacher
Guhle-Mailloux
Xhekaj-Vet

Montembault
Fowler
We have a few UFA vets we will move out for whatever picks we can get, such as Armia and Dvorak. Savard may or be not be traded, depends on how the younger guys do this year and if Savard will sign a contract that works for both sides. If Anderson gets his game back I think he gets traded and for something good.

I don't think we get active in a big way with UFAs.

So this coming season , with just general improvement as players get experience, and a healthy Dach, I see us nipping around a playoff spot. But teams like New Jersey, Sabres, Detroit were doing that and so I could see us picking 10-15.

Dach in the lineup gives us a kķww2nd line and takes pressure off the 1st line. Bottom 6 is bad. The D should improve and goalies should be what we have seen.

durojean

May 29, 2007
Slafkovsky Dach Caufield
??? Suzuki Demidov
Roy Newhook Gallagher
??? Beck ???

Matheson Reinbacher
Hutson Mailloux
Guhle Barron

Xhekaj, Harris

Montembault Primeau

In 2025, it could look like this…

We have problems finding place for Xhekaj, Guhle and Matheson on the left side which makes them our biggest assets for a forward.

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

Laboeuf

Apr 14, 2013
Powerplay
Caufield Suzuki Demidov Slafkovsky Hutson
Dach Newhook Martone Matheson Guhle
Mailloux Beck Roy

That’s pretty solid

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
In 2026 we could have this as our top-6 if we trade for a guy like Kaprizov at the TDL

Slafkovsky-Suzuki-Caufield
Demidov-Dach-Kaprizov

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Future lines in 2-3 years

Slafkovsky-Suzuki-Dach
Caufield-Demidov-Roy/Newhook
Roy/Newhook-Kapanen/Beck-Hage/Heineman
Florian/Tuch-Beck/Davidson-Thorpe/Heineman

Ghule-???
Hutson-Reinbacher
Xhekaj-Mailloux
Engstrom-Barron

Montembault Primeau Fowler

My take is we're going to struggle with getting a real RH 1st D. I would love that Mailloux surprise us all. He's got the body, skates well, he's still developping at a fast pace. Konyushkov could also surprise. But yeah... most likely:

Ghule-Reinbacher
Hutson-Mailloux/Konyushkov
Xhekaj/Engstrom-Konyushkov/Mailloux
Harris-Barron

Now, if we're talking about 2024-2025,

Roy/Newhook-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
CC-Dach-Anderson
Newhook/Roy-Dvorak-Armia
RHP/Pezzetta-Evans-Gallagher

Matheson-Ghule
Hutson-Savard
Xhekaj-Barron
Harris

Montembault Primeau

Can't help it with feeling 'meh'...

tdl gonners are Anderson, Dvorak, Armia. Maybe Matheson for a future RH 1st D prospect in a d+2 or so season. (Matheson + 1st or Matheson + Engstrom or the like)

Buyout Gallagher after end of season.

Maybe (maybe) extend big Dave 2-3 years. He'd be effective on a 3rd pair well up to 35 or so and is a great vet.

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I think I mentioned this in another thread, I don’t even think we should have a set top six. I hope the spend the next little while getting those six players playing with each other in different combos.

Slaf with Dach would be awesome. They can mix and match different pairings. See how nothings shake out.

I’m really hopeful that Roy stays in the top six. I like this guy and think he’s got great potential.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
$15M (+/-) in cap space if we make no more moves.

lsbFhqy.png

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
How does it look with Laine?
* Laine for Dvorak, Barron, Pens 2nd, Habs 2nd.
* Might not be this exact trade but one of Dvorak, Anderson, Armia is going the other way. Futures will not be anything more off our roster than Barron. Maybe the Flames 1st is involved. Not sure. Purpose of this is to show how cap space looks and also where Laine might fit.

Enough room for both Laine and also to have Price on the roster before the season starts. I'm sure this is something Gorton/Hughes want. Price moved to LTIR after the season.

OCO1oIB.png

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad