Full clip of McDavid's expletive-filled rant at Oilers teammates drops

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
most of these guys never played sports either. If they did it was their parents put them in sports to make friends for about a year. Then came piano lessons.

Well it definitely wouldnt be Matthews.
And most of the blokes mad about the dislike McDavid is getting from the clip sound like toddlers like "Mom they're making fun of an athlete I watch on TV but have zero personal relationship with and it hurts me deeply for some reason that is surely to be entirely illogical."

On the flip side, those that are hating on him also sound the same.

Reactions: 1989

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Would’ve been surprised if he didn’t act this way. They lost 3 in a row and were able to dig in and win the next 3. He’s incredible and gave all he had all series, he clearly thought others should and if you’re not going to in those games, you never will. It was a good f***ing speech.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Good for him to show some emotion but tbh that was more than a bit creepy. Sounded exactly like just another Karen video suddenly popped up on my feed.

Jun 15, 2007
Unless you’re a Calgary or Vancouver fan or something I don’t see why anyone would hate him and cheer against him.

He’s the best player in the world by far and he’s been the best player in the world for a longer time than Crosby or Ovechkin were.

As long as he wins a cup he’s going to be an all time great, possibly even second or third best player ever.

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
Mcdavid backed up the crazy display dropping 8 pts in games 4 and 5 wins

Usually these type of speeches are done by a washed up vet who is trying to get the team energized and gove it one last go

The best player in the world giving one was a different perspective.

Oilers were very close, and are a top contender again this year. Mcdavid will likely have similar mentality this year and try to get the cup.

Great analysis, I also believe he tries to get the cup.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Great analysis, I also believe he tries to get the cup.
Trying to get the cup was more so a reference to him not wanting to get into a lull of comfort with the oilers being so close last year and believing they can coast in the reg season/not form winning habits to get the cup

Mcdavid making the speech down 2-0 or 3-0 and then making having the series go to game 7 where they lose 2-1 is what makes it so impressive along with his individual dominance in game 4 and 5 wins.

If the series was 1-1 or 2-2 then anyone can make that speech and go out and try to win. Making it when your basically written out and everyone is sayings its panthers in 4 was ballsy, with him almost getting it done

This year his focus will be finding how he and the oilers can try to get it done when so close. Other teams are trying to get to that stage and oilers are trying to push 1 step forward, while panthers want to retain and defend.

Everyone wants to win, but not everyone is as close to winning as the oilers were last year.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Sounds like someone frustrated from carrying his team so hard when they finally make it so close to the cup. Can't blame him for being frustrated and wanting to whip up the rest of the team. Not necessarily the most poetic pep talk or most effective, but it's obvious he's doing his best.

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
This thread

Neutral fans: Nice to see so much emotion! Good on him!

Rival fans: Sounds like an autistic 14 year old

Pretty much, I like it from a neutral fan perspective…. He cares about winning and his legacy.

Usually I’m not shy about taking shots at Edmonton(or Toronto), but I think this is a good thing from Mcdavid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad