Value of: Frost to the Blues

BluesReport25

Jul 3, 2023
I'm curious what the cost would be to get Frost out of Philly? He seems to have an inconsistent relationship with Torts and his on-ice play is inconsistent as well. That being said I think his speed paired with Kyrou would be great. The Blues have a need for a top 6 center with Thomas out. I think they'll work with internal options for now but if they could get Frost that would answer a lot of concerns and when Thomas is healthy Buch could move back to wing.

So, Philly fans what do the Blues have that you want? Do you think Frost could be available this year or is he a part of the long-term plan in Philly?

Also, while I'm asking, what would be the cost to get Foerster? He seems to be underperforming this year. Same situation as Frost where he is young and could be part of the future core but I'm just not sure.

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Yes he's underperforming but how could you ever consider ruining Philly fans' dreams of quote unquote 'Morgan to Matvei'. (M2M). One futer superstar to the next.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
You'll get different views from flyers fans. Personally, I'd take a 2nd, but I'd hope the ask is a 1st given his age and cap hit. That would be the ask for a contender, shouldn't be different for a non-contender.

But there's no rush to trade him since we have no centers. It could hurt the development of guys we do actually want to keep.

• Haha
Reactions: BillDineen

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
We do need to add a center. But I think we need to shoot much lower. If the situation is Frost is on the outs in Philly and he’s viewed a reclamation project then I can see the reasoning to try and acquire him.

He seems to be a fringe 2nd/3rd line scorer currently. He’s averaged 45-50 points over the last two seasons. He’s pretty solidified at this point. He’s also still fairly young. I just don’t think he’s someone Philly would fully give up on.

We’re also not really fully in a competitive window at the moment. Thomas’ injury just fully amplified that.

We have two options here. 1 trade our 1st/prospects to try and mask the time lost from Thomas and try and make the playoffs this year.

Or 2. Weather the storm, see what we have from young guys internally. Also see what we have from the new acquisitions giving them a bit more opportunity, and reassess where we’re at come the trade deadline.

Personally I think number 2 is the route I would go, and I think it’s the route the blues will go. Even before the loss of Thomas we needed to add a center. The internal dialogue was that Buch would fill in until Dvorsky is ready. I think what we’ll see is either Schenn moving to center now, or Holloway or even both realistically. Texier is another option, although he seems to have a bit to erratic of a playstyle to feel comfortable there. Sunny can slide down into a 3 or 4C role and Faksa can either be your 3 or 4C. It’s certainly not pretty. But it coincides with the plan we’ve been following.

Forgot to add this on. I think a guy like Dvorak if a super low cost is the better option to go if we need to go outside of the organization.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
DeepSouth of PNW
While I am not the biggest Frost fan, no way Flyers can afford to ship out a center. Sadly Coot's best game so far was at bottom six wing. Although he still logged some minutes. But yeah he does looked pretty cooked at center, definitely in a top6 role.

I'm pretty much thinking that Frost is what he is, but he's what we got. Although his possession metrics seem pretty good & he's actually above 50% in the dot(that stat shocked me tbh).

Wings, especially right side, can probably be had, but center skills are a freaking superpower in Philadelphia right now.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
We do need to add a center. But I think we need to shoot much lower. If the situation is Frost is on the outs in Philly and he’s viewed a reclamation project then I can see the reasoning to try and acquire him.

He seems to be a fringe 2nd/3rd line scorer currently. He’s averaged 45-50 points over the last two seasons. He’s pretty solidified at this point. He’s also still fairly young. I just don’t think he’s someone Philly would fully give up on.

We’re also not really fully in a competitive window at the moment. Thomas’ injury just fully amplified that.

We have two options here. 1 trade our 1st/prospects to try and mask the time lost from Thomas and try and make the playoffs this year.

Or 2. Weather the storm, see what we have from young guys internally. Also see what we have from the new acquisitions giving them a bit more opportunity, and reassess where we’re at come the trade deadline.

Personally I think number 2 is the route I would go, and I think it’s the route the blues will go. Even before the loss of Thomas we needed to add a center. The internal dialogue was that Buch would fill in until Dvorsky is ready. I think what we’ll see is either Schenn moving to center now, or Holloway or even both realistically. Texier is another option, although he seems to have a bit to erratic of a playstyle to feel comfortable there. Sunny can slide down into a 3 or 4C role and Faksa can either be your 3 or 4C. It’s certainly not pretty. But it coincides with the plan we’ve been following.

Forgot to add this on. I think a guy like Dvorak if a super low cost is the better option to go if we need to go outside of the organization.
Every line I read of this post I just thought "Dvorak" repeatedly lol. Probably would take a 5th or 6th at this point and I fully expect he'd have more success in St. Louis, I've run out of faith that he's bouncing back in Montreal

Reactions: malcb33

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yes he's underperforming but how could you ever consider ruining Philly fans' dreams of quote unquote 'Morgan to Matvei'. (M2M). One futer superstar to the next.
As a M2M fan, I am required to reference this, since they are back together and going to tour next year. Though I’d be surprised if anyone knew what I was talking about.

While I am not the biggest Frost fan, no way Flyers can afford to ship out a center. Sadly Coot's best game so far was at bottom six wing. Although he still logged some minutes. But yeah he does looked pretty cooked at center, definitely in a top6 role.

I'm pretty much thinking that Frost is what he is, but he's what we got. Although his possession metrics seem pretty good & he's actually above 50% in the dot(that stat shocked me tbh).

Wings, especially right side, can probably be had, but center skills are a freaking superpower in Philadelphia right now.
Couturier’s best games were the last 2 where he got put with Michkov for some periods.

Frost - the bottom line here is this: Briere has yet to move on from someone that he doesn’t absolutely 100% think he has to, and short of Frost requesting a trade, I don’t see that changing as Frost is also his personal pet project, even wearing the same number. It will take a great overpayment, as evidenced by their refusal to trade Scott Laughton.

Reactions: Marlowe Syn

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Every line I read of this post I just thought "Dvorak" repeatedly lol. Probably would take a 5th or 6th at this point and I fully expect he'd have more success in St. Louis, I've run out of faith that he's bouncing back in Montreal

Of course. I don't know if he will bounce back, but he is a UFA next offseason so a short term add. He is a 3rd line player, but we need C. Would you retain?

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
regarding Couts, the center position has a much earlier expiry date. Stamkos over in Nashville another prime example.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
DeepSouth of PNW
As a M2M fan, I am required to reference this, since they are back together and going to tour next year. Though I’d be surprised if anyone knew what I was talking about.

Couturier’s best games were the last 2 where he got put with Michkov for some periods.

Frost - the bottom line here is this: Briere has yet to move on from someone that he doesn’t absolutely 100% think he has to, and short of Frost requesting a trade, I don’t see that changing as Frost is also his personal pet project, even wearing the same number. It will take a great overpayment, as evidenced by their refusal to trade Scott Laughton.
My boy band knowledge is thankfully quite poor, but did you just land a curveball Boys 2 Men reference?

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Flyers shopped him last summer. Wanted a 1st. Didn't get it then doubt gets it now.

Shocked a little he hasn't asked out as of yet.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

That’s kind of the outside the organization route I’d expect them to take

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Of course. I don't know if he will bounce back, but he is a UFA next offseason so a short term add. He is a 3rd line player, but we need C. Would you retain?
Habs only have one retention slot remaining so no don't think they'd use it on a player whose value probably maxes out at a 5th

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad