GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

too374

Jun 5, 2024
Id think one of dumba or lyubushkin would be fine. Signing both is a bit confusing. Dumba does have foot speed, the suter comparisons a re little harsh in that regard, he has upside if he isn't being a goon. Big if

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Ghostbear, Desharnais, Walker all would have been better options than Lub/Dumba. Hell even Hankapaa back for cheaper would have been better.

Hopefully Roy just didnt want to go to Texas for some reason because no reason we should have missed out on him.

Nill obvoiusly didnt want to give out deals longer than 2 years and it showed.

Btw i think Smith legit is better than Lub/Dumba. Hopefully Pete recognizes that, but probably not since contracts matter.

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
Ghostbear, Desharnais, Walker all would have been better options than Lub/Dumba. Hell even Hankapaa back for cheaper would have been better.

Hopefully Roy just didnt want to go to Texas for some reason because no reason we should have missed out on him.

Btw i think Smith legit is better than Lub/Dumba. Hopefully Pete recognizes that, but probably not since contracts matter.
Yep all three were reasonable and achievable deals. So either Nill didn't want them or none wanted to come to Dallas. Either one of those reasons is worrying.

too374

Jun 5, 2024
I don't think we afford Roy generally, there were still better players available.

These signings also pretty much guarantee bichel is not starting as he is waiver exempt.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South

i'm not convinced bringing hack back have been better. he was beyond brutal

Reactions: redbeardtx

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Thats a loooooong 3 years to be stuck with a bottom pairing defenseman
Yeah for sure, but it's going to be along two years with Dumba.

To be fair, I haven't seen Dumba play much besides when we played Minny in the playoffs and he wasn't that bad.

I also know his dad, but that doesn't help anything lol

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
Will an enterprising GM of a rival team seize the opportunity to offer sheet Harley? They can see we are weak, have made dumb D decisions today and would be thrown into further panic by the move. There must be one GM out there that is thinking this.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
A very deflating day.

Probably would have been better to go into the season playing petrovic and keeping the cap room so you can be active at the deadline for a quality addition...

Would have been a wild card team in this scenario, as we are right now.

Quite disappointing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad