GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
His NMC ended. He still has a 15 no trade list and speculation is he has Detroit on it

Pretty sure his wife is a doctor and a big part of them going to NYC was her job there. You'd have to imagine she's going to want to go to a city she can practice her specialty in a place she wants.

Suter 2.0 over here.

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021
Stevie decided on Walman back in March when he stopped dressing him. Maybe SY hates griddies.
I couldn’t stand it either. I get why he punted him, but begs the question why not just waive him? I defended the move because I thought they were going big, and here we are, two middle tier goalies and Sheldon Dries. Again, head scratcher

tabness

will play for 4 million 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
I don't know I'd even really want Skinner even for a year, regardless of this nothingburger free agency. Dude will need to play like line one/PP1 minutes to bring any sort of value, and even on Detroit it's not like he really deserves that, he can't and people here are criticizing what Kane brings beyond offense (nevermind Stamkos which is lol), just wait till Jeff Skinner shows up.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I don't know I'd even really want Skinner even for a year, regardless of this nothingburger free agency. Dude will need to play like line one/PP1 minutes to bring any sort of value, and even on Detroit it's not like he really deserves that, he can't and people here are criticizing what Kane brings beyond offense (nevermind Stamkos which is lol), just wait till Jeff Skinner shows up.
to be clear, i really don't want skinner because he is just another undersized forward that we have too much of, it just seems like that's whats going to happen at this point lol

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Pretty sure his wife is a doctor and a big part of them going to NYC was her job there. You'd have to imagine she's going to want to go to a city she can practice her specialty in a place she wants.

Suter 2.0 over here.

Word is she is in her last year of residency meaning she really can’t leave NYC. Add on the newborn and I get why he really wants to stay in NYC for the year. He should have negotiated a NMC that went through her residency.

Reactions: Bench

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
DeBrincat - Larkin - Kane
Berggren - Compher - Raymond
Fabbri - Veleno - XXX (some buyout cheap winger like Cam Atkinson or Jeff Skinner)
Rasmussen - Copp - YYY (Fischer or replacement)
---------------------------
(Dries, "czarnik" etc. or kids)

Chiarot - Seider
Edvinsson - Petry
Määttä - Gustafsson
-----------------
Johansson - Holl
Lagesson - Wallinder

Husso
Talbot
Lyon
--------
Campbell
Cossa

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I still feel like a dman has to come our way via trade now, but it sounds like we'll be seeing a lot of kids which I'm not entirely against.

DBC-Larkin-Ray
Kane- Compher- Danielson
Ras- Copp- Mazur
Fabbri- Kasper- Fisher

Seider-Gus
Chiarot-Ed
Aljo/Petry-Maata
Petry/Holl

Whichever 2 goalies duke it out and win....

I don't think there is a chance this team makes the playoffs next year but it could be entertaining if we get to see the kids play.

I'm not entirely upset we didn't sign any of the largely awful deals out there, but you can't argue this team is likely to better than last season.

What UFAs are likely to be on the market next year? Wings should have quite a bit of salary off the books then.
thats a lottery roster

name 5 teams on paper worse than this

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Fabbri - Veleno - XXX (some buyout cheap winger like Cam Atkinson or Jeff Skinner)
(Dries, "Czarnik)

Chiarot - Seider
Edvinsson - Petry
Määttä - Gustafsson
-----------------
Johansson - Holl
Lagesson - Wallinder

Husso
Talbot
Lyon
--------
Campbell
Cossa
I actually can't believe how bad the D is...our team D was already laughable, and now its somehow worse...

who you think we should target at 4th overall?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Word is she is in her last year of residency meaning she really can’t leave NYC. Add on the newborn and I get why he really wants to stay in NYC for the year. He should have negotiated a NMC that went through her residency.

That's definitely the issue then. Like you said, she can't move now and continue her career. That's a tough ask from NY telling their captain to split up his family with a newborn. But it's a business and all and he gets paid handsomely...

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
(Dries, "czarnik" etc. or kids)

Chiarot - Seider
Edvinsson - Petry
Määttä - Gustafsson
-----------------
Johansson - Holl
Lagesson - Wallinder

Husso
Talbot
Lyon
--------
Campbell
Cossa
:eek3::eek3::help:

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I actually can't believe how bad the D is...our team D was already laughable, and now its somehow worse...

who you think we should target at 4th overall?

I don't get what you are talking about.

Currently the team is missing aging Perron and one-dimensional Sprong from last year. Berggren will replace another, likely Sprong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad