GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Really hope Steve can find some way to stabilize the blue line. Happy to see youth in the lineup, but this has "regression year" written all over it so far.
I assumed most of us expected regression, but a year getting younger and getting the kids up to NHL speed should be good for the overall direction.

Reactions: dalem177

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021
Again, I get it’s not over and more can be done, but all the cap space and sending a second rd pick to take on a contract for 2 middling goalie signings and depth dmen for GR and Detroit? Head scratcher

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
What’s the plan to get rid of Husso, Holl, and one of Chiarot/Maatta?

At this point we seriously have to wonder what would even be the point of throwing assets away to get rid of these guys. What do we even need, or hell, even wanna use that cap space for anymore especially since we already have enough room for Seider and Raymond.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I assumed most of us expected regression, but a year getting younger and getting the kids up to NHL speed should be good for the overall direction.
Do we know that the kids on D will be getting up to speed when there are 7 vets on the roster too?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
This is like replacement for Simek, GR veteran with NHL salary.

Chiarot - Seider
Edvinsson - Petry
Määttä - Gustafsson
Johansson - Holl
Lagesson - Wallinder

Husso
Talbot
Lyon
Campbell
Cossa

Given the choices, I'd just pair up Ed and Moe and run them for 30 minutes. Everyone's clamoring for Mo to get more ice time, and that's the only way it will happen. Ben/Petry and Gus/Ollie can split the rest of the minutes, then it doesn't look so bad. AlJo can sub for Petry and/or Ollie if he's ready.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
So far, Bergen - Sogndal - Nordfjordeid ... then possibly back to Bergen if no other stops? We planned to use ferries/busses and rent a car for a few day trips here and there rather than then rent for the whole trip but that may change. Plan was 3 to 4 days in a few cities/villages and we can explore the areas around those spots.
Yup, you will need rain gear! Impossible to predict the weather though.

Reactions: saska sault

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Again, I get it’s not over and more can be done, but all the cap space and sending a second rd pick to take on a contract for 2 middling goalie signings and depth dmen for GR and Detroit? Head scratcher

I think it was as much about the roster space as it was the money. With Ed/AlJo there are 8 dmen. It also looks like it could be another year with 3 goalies on the roster.

One additional thought: maybe he intends to go longer term with Mo/Ray?

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
I think it was as much about the roster space as it was the money. With Ed/AlJo there are 8 dmen. It also looks like it could be another year with 3 goalies on the roster.

One additional thought: maybe he intends to go longer term with Mo/Ray?
Well if this is what he’s going to do in FA’s he better be going 8 years with both

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Becisse he didn’t sign ANY. I get he’s not going to sign everyone, but shut out? Washington acquired Chychrun for next
To nothing. Don’t want to play in free agency? Cool, so where are the trades?
Ah yes, sign someone for the sake of signing someone. What could go wrong? At least you will feel productive.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Gostisbehere, last 399 NHL games, 60+157=217 points, (-70 at plusminus) 0.54 points/game.
Gustafsson, last 414 NHL games, 45+163=208 points, (-7 at plusminus) 0.50 points/game.

Gostisbehre askin for 5-6 million?
Gustafsson signed for 2 million.

Yzerman going moneyball again...

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
Figure out a way to get some elite talent. Yzerman is the one who decided to sign a bunch of free agents and take Detroit out of the lottery and firmly in mediocracy. Now the team has no way to acquire elite talent, is one of the oldest rosters in the league, saddled with quite a few bad contracts, and the young core players are about to get expensive.

Good summary. It really does make you wonder why Kane signed with the Wings. And Stevie Y made him sweat to the 11th hour lol.

Reactions: DamonDRW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad