GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Atoadaso

Mar 27, 2019
I
the holes:
-a legit 2C
-another scoring forward
-depth forward
-toughness and grit
-a PP quarterback
-another NHL top 4 D
-an actual NHL starting goalie

our d as it stands is:
Chiarot-Seider
Edvinsson-Petry
Maatta-Gustafsson
Johansson-Holl

bottom 5 D in the NHL
Me thinks they view Johansson very highly and might try him with Seider. I still think trouba is their preferred choice to pair with Ed if they can get the trade done but maybe that fell through. Gus does look like a cheaper Ghost to fill the pp qb role until ASP comes over. As for scoring option who knows maybe they’ll target Necas. I think Steve is at the point where he’s willing to kick the can and see what our young guys can do but maybe I’m a little over optimistic with Danielson and mazur cracking the lineup

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Instead of Ghost, we got the swedish Ghöst.

But F it, go after Skinner.

Trouba trade will happen sooner or later, other teams has max their cap and no way he's going to AHL. And Cali much more far away from NYC and his wifey and kid.

The roster is 100% worse than last season, you're lying if you think otherwise...

Talbot is awful...

If the goal is to tank then let's get after it

What did you want????

None of the vets who signed deals today would've given us a shot at the cup, and not even a shot at winning a round imo. What they would've done is limit our flexibility down the road. This team's window comes when Kasper, Danielson, MBN, ASP are here. So the name of the game is not to take on deals that drag us down in 2-3yrs. That is exactly what Stevie did.

Reactions: odin1981
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
What did you want????

None of the vets who signed deals today would've given us a shot at the cup, and not even a shot at winning a round imo. What they would've done is limit our flexibility down the road. This team's window comes when Kasper, Danielson, MBN, ASP are here. So the name of the game is not to take on deals that drag us down in 2-3yrs. That is exactly what Stevie did.
except thats exactly what hes done by signing Copp, Holl and Compher in previous offseasons

I truly believe Yzerman himself is confused with the direction of the team. If the plan all along was to be patient and let the prospects develop, and eventually make the jump to the NHL, then explain last offseason?

Last offseason he did the EXACT opposite, signed tons of free agents....

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
What did you want????

None of the vets who signed deals today would've given us a shot at the cup, and not even a shot at winning a round imo. What they would've done is limit our flexibility. This team's window comes when Kasper, Danielson, MBN, ASP are here. So the name of the game is not to take on deals that drag us down in 2-3yrs. That is exactly what Stevie did.

I do not think any ONE of the deals signed today would drag us down and moreover I do not believe whatsoever that when or if this team gets better, it'll be solely because of the prospect's you listed...that's not how it works...

I know we all love our own but it's not practical to think any of them, let alone all of them, will become the core of an elite team

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
4-goalie strategy... ok. :D

1. RW Patrick Kane, 1-year, 4.0M + 2.5M bonuses
2. D William Lagesson (1-year, league minimum 775k, Griffins deal)
3. G Cam Talbot, 2-year, 2.5M
4. C/LW Sheldon Dries (2-year, 775k, 2-way Griffins deal)
5. D Erik Gustafsson, 2y, 2.0M
6. G Jack Campbell (1-year, 775k league minimum)

Twinger

Sep 28, 2017
except thats exactly what hes done by signing Copp, Holl and Compher in previous offseasons

I truly believe Yzerman himself is confused with the direction of the team. If the plan all along was to be patient and let the prospects develop, and eventually make the jump to the NHL, then explain last offseason?

Last offseason he did the EXACT opposite, signed tons of free agents....

This is where I'm at, what is the direction of the team? We seem to make moves both ways that will leave us in the wildcard/looking out for a long time.

Yes we got screwed in the lottery in past years but we have to move on from that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad