GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Yzerman is kind of damned if you do damned if you don't at this point. Ya'll are either whining that he is doing noting, but if he signed 99% of any of these deals you would be whining that he paid too much and that contract is going to suck in a couple of years.

Clearly you don't know anything about me to think that I am playing both sides of outrage.

No I am pissed because teams have clearly acknowledged that the cap has resumed going up, will continue to go up and make projections about what the future will hold. They have established the new cost of doing business. Yzerman has decided the juice isn't worth the squeeze, obviously, but without a pretty significant trade, the team will not be materially different year over year. I am not one who thinks we should be sitting on our hands waiting for the perfect situation where someone wants to sign at a discount or a prospect becomes the second coming of Jesus

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Gustafsson 2nd most PP time for the Rangers last season (99 min vs Fox's 255). So maybe that answers my question.

I am not happy with that answer.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
how are people possibly shitting on the Gustafsson signing? That’s a fantastic deal for an offensive defenseman who’s actually good at playing defense. He’s an upgraded Walman. And at 2mil? Hell yes.

Gus is like Petry part 2. When it works he is great. But when he is bad he is awful.

Whatever ya do don't ever play Gus and Petry together lol.

Brian Burke once said something like "July 1st is the day on which we GMs make more mistakes than on the other 364 days combined"

- no longterm deals for overpriced vets
- servicable goalie
- a discount ghost who is better on defense than ghost
- all new contracts end in 2yrs
- if one of those players really doesn't work out, it is no problem to move'em
- haven't given away a 1st to dump salary
- got rid of vets clogging up roster spots for the kids

So far an excellent day for us!

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Every year around this time I'm reminded of the amount of people in this forum who could probably use antidepressants and/or therapy.
go look at the depth chart...

its tough to look at. There wont be a single analyst on the planet that has us as a playoff team.

May as well start researching next year's draft, this team has so many holes. Looking like a lottery team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad