GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023
What makes you think they aren't trying?

Yeah, it was pretty clear they were talking heavy on Stammer. Then Nashville decided to be idiots.

Then probably Roy or Marchessault.

And still talking Trouba.

It's a killer when you're in heavy on a guy and someone just walks in swinging a notably higher offer. Because you've then spent your time on a guy you ended up having no chance at.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
If Ottawa is trading Pinto, Detroit should be all over that. He’s gonna be a beast in a year or two. He already is in many ways.

On Matt Roy, that term is just stupid. Once again, if Yzerman did that, he’d deserve criticism.

Let’s see how things play out but these are crazy contract teams will be running from later. These teams are gonna be looking to move other pieces now. Trades might be the better route.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
This is the equivalent of falling into a shell to protect a two goal lead, but you’re actually the team behind by two goals

Axel Sandy Pelikan

May 11, 2023
I agree... but I'm still real sore about no Stammer. It's almost unhealthy how much I wanted them to sign him this year after missing 8 years ago. But I realize 4x8 is a BIG BIG number for an old man.

Reactions: DatsDeking

Axel Sandy Pelikan

May 11, 2023
If Ottawa is trading Pinto, Detroit should be all over that. He’s gonna be a beast in a year or two. He already is in many ways.

On Matt Roy, that term is just stupid. Once again, if Yzerman did that, he’d deserve criticism.

Let’s see how things play out but these are crazy contract teams will be running from later. These teams are gonna be looking to move other pieces now. Trades might be the better route.
Honestly, that seems like a more Stevie way of doing business anyway. Because FA, you're at the mercy of the market and have to move fast and pay too much. Trades when you breathe and the other team is desperate to clear space now that they've landed an overpriced FA are the way to go.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Man, that damn Boston.

They will the TOP Atlantic Team at next season.

Best even-strength lines 2 seasons ago.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Gaudreau - E.Lindholm - M.Tkachuk

Now they have that killer first line again.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
mo and raymond are most likely going to get the 8 years at this point.

perron to ottawa is hilarious. He is a shell of what he potentially was, ottawa in the basement again.

Wouldn't mind pinto at all like Petes said, but kind of irritated with Roy.

just for funzies, mantha went to calgary lol

Boston is looking like a problem next year, but swayman and them are having issues with contract so hey, maybe not. they've had a bad history of swayman contracts.

nashville i think will actually be pretty good despite what some of you had said. It's the western conference, so even if they have older players or whatever, they will be able to play pretty well. Signing montour, stamkos, marchessault, and skjei is a big day and this year they will probably be fighting for top 3 in the western conference. especially with saros back there.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad