GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I'm sure Yzerman wants to sign Mo to a long-term deal. I basically followed what Prashanth Iyer put together for a short term deal. That way you get a few more years to see if Mo can generate more offense or if he's more of a rock solid defenseman who puts up 40ish points per season.

I think if MO wasn't taken off pp1 last year at around the 20 game mark he would have surprised everyone with his point totals. Not that he would put up Makar type #'s. But I would safely say he would get 60-65 points.

Through the first 20 games with PP1 time he was at around .9ppg before he was "mysteriously" demoted off that line. Now I'm not saying he would keep at .9ppg production all year but .7-.75'sh would seem reasonable to me.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Nashville as a team feels like "all the tools but no toolbox". What do they need to stop treading water and finally make a decent push? Surely it isn't overpaying on vet FA's.

1719846138683.png

Why on EARTH anyone LEGIT player would join that dead caphit mess ???

They have already been weaking themselves by ~12 million. So their salary cap is currently 76 million.

That's a team destined out from the playoffs, with a very high probability.

That's gonna hurt their success, no matter what players they will get.

Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
He barely scores 20 goals in the AHL on the top line with top PP usage. He is not "easily" scoring 20+ in the NHL in the top 6 when teams start matching up against his line... His shot isn't special, he won't be the primary shooter on his line. You have created this fallacy of what Berggren is.
He is a scorer that is not being allowed to score because he's never scored even though he scores everywhere he's ever been.

Berggren can't score because he's never scored at the NHL level is no less a fallacy.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Signing Stamkos doesn't mean his linemates and PP unit comes with him.

Hey If you feel Beggren is today and will be tomorrow a better more impactful NHL player than Kane or Stamkos that's great...

i think Beggren is a soft perimeter winger who in D5 still can't or hasent proven he will make a career in NA

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Remind me again why people want a 34 year-old Stamkos on a multi-year deal?
Because he still has a fantastic shot and would be one of the 3-4 best forwards on the team.

If somebody goes 6x6 that's one thing. But if Detroit could get him for something like 5.5x4 I'd be all over that.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
LeBrun reporting Shane Pinto could ask the Sens for a trade lmfao

This is really sick....

Senators once had imo, the NHL best kid center core in Stutzle, Norris, Pinto and Kastelic.

- Now, Norris could be injured for rest of the career (both shoulders) with 8-year 8M deal.

- Kastelic was just traded to Boston, because they got Ullmark, and wanted to get rid of Korpisalo's long deal.

- And Pinto is wanting out.

Poor Stutzle.

• Haha
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Need Roy, Trouba, or something creative at RHD if we’re trying to compete next season. Also, we need LHD right? The plan cannot seriously be to play Chiarot with Seider can it?

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
He is a scorer that is not being allowed to score because he's never scored even though he scores everywhere he's ever been.

Berggren can't score because he's never scored at the NHL level is no less a fallacy.

I didn't say he couldn't score at the NHL level, I said that he won't easily put up 20+ just because he's given the chance. Things get harder as you climb, not easier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad