GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I don't think the Wings really need Skinner now that Kane is back but saying they were 9th in goals is pretty misleading, that number steadily decreased as the season went on and the Wings still had one of the highest shooting percentages in the entire league by the end of the year

if the Wings had listened to some people here and let Kane walk and not brought in someone like Skinner and let Ghost walk and brought in two defensive guys then they easily could have ended up with a bottom ~5-10 offense next year

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
Nashville as a team feels like "all the tools but no toolbox". What do they need to stop treading water and finally make a decent push? Surely it isn't overpaying on vet FA's.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023
I said “so far” but I’m not too excited about bringing back our UFAs at higher prices and more term. Not what we thought we were getting when we moved Walman

Again, you gotta wait. It isn't just Stamkos on the market. If he goes to Nashville, which isn't set, there are other moves that have to be made. They're not trading Walman to stand pat.

Reactions: jkutswings

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Top 6 and PP? 20-25, easily. He scored 15 with Czarnik and Veleno.

He barely scores 20 goals in the AHL on the top line with top PP usage. He is not "easily" scoring 20+ in the NHL in the top 6 when teams start matching up against his line... His shot isn't special, he won't be the primary shooter on his line. You have created this fallacy of what Berggren is.

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
Is it me or is it awfully quiet on the Matt Roy front?

Not just in terms of Detroit, but not seeing much of anything, unless I am just missing it.

Reactions: jkutswings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad