GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
Berggren rejected one of their offers, which is fine, but that's why I'm not pencilling him into the lineup.

Totally reasonable.
So did Joey V last year, since he is not gone yet, I suspect SY will let him stick around for a low hit 1 year,1 way prove it deal.

I think the rumor was deal he turned down was a 2-year, 2-way one.

Reactions: Run the Jewels

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I'd give him one more shot and if it doesn't work out you can move on. While he has an entirely different skill set, he replaces Rasmussen as the big bodied winger.

But Rasmussen is under contract and plays a role that the team places a lot of value on. Soderblom struggled to generate consistent offense in the AHL and is a defensive liability. His "one more shot" is in Grand Rapids this year, as in: "prove that we should give you a contract" because if he has another year like this past one, he's probably headed back to Sweden.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I remember Askarov was very fragile under pressure. If we trade for him I hope he changed that. But then again with our roster assembly I don't see any pressure coming...

Why trade for Askarov when Cossa is about equal or even better than him?

I realize we are not going to get any further here, but Skinner is a guy who can score 30 goals. We need goal scorers.

Dude…

Detroit was near the bottom of the league defensively. Skinner is possibly the worst defensive forward in the NHL. Let him go to Toronto and extend that no playoff streak.

Reactions: Zetterberg4Captain

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
But Rasmussen is under contract and plays a role that the team places a lot of value on. Soderblom struggled to generate consistent offense in the AHL and is a defensive liability. His "one more shot" is in Grand Rapids this year, as in: "prove that we should give you a contract" because if he has another year like this past one, he's probably headed back to Sweden.
Reasonable minds can disagree and I only added Soderblom to the roster to have 13 skaters. I've just never been sold on Rasmussen and it feels like he's maxed out his development. So I got a needed asset, although to be fair it sounds like Nashville's asking price means we wouldn't be likely to acquire him.

So this is less about me being sold on Soderblom and more about making a trade that @Petes2424 suggested in another thread.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
New Jersey is definitely loading up.

It would be a crying shame if Markstrom ended up being yet another dumpster fire behind all those good players, and they still missed the playoffs. :sarcasm:

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Why trade for Askarov when Cossa is about equal or even better than him?

Dude…

Detroit was near the bottom of the league defensively. Skinner is possibly the worst defensive forward in the NHL. Let him go to Toronto and extend that no playoff streak.
We have plenty of two-way forwards and I have upgraded our defense and goaltending. The one thing we are missing is goal scorers. Adding Stamkos and Skinner addresses the lack of goal scoring. Larkin, Ray, DeBrincat, Kane, Skinner and Stamkos are all capable of scoring 30 goals.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad