GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
So if the wings get Trouba, at 5.5M, Kane at 5M, Stamkos at 5M thats 15.5M against 32M open in cap. That leaves 16.5M for Raymond and Seider which seems reasonable. DO IT. Fill the rest of the spots with young players and spare parts

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
So if the wings get Trouba, at 5.5M, Kane at 5M, Stamkos at 5M thats 15.5M against 32M open in cap. That leaves 16.5M for Raymond and Seider which seems reasonable. DO IT. Fill the rest of the spots with young players and spare parts

How do you fill the other spots with 0 cap space?

Thanks for the ex wife energy.
I can understand why should be an ex. You're likely just as insufferable in real life

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Keep an eye on Oliver Kylington if some other things fall though on the back end. He was great two years ago, finally showing his potential, then had the mental health issue and returned for the last half of this past season.

He moves the puck really well and can play both sides. This would be if they don’t upgrade from Ghost, or sign Ghost. His game also fits to play with a dman like Seider. Quick retrievals, just does things right in transition. Doesn’t play around with the puck.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
That leaves $16.5M for Raymond and Seider if the Red Wings want to go into the season with only 9 forwards on the NHL roster. Young players and spare parts still take up cap space.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Bridge deals for Ray and MO with trading off Holl's contract may be the solution?
They’re going to get 16-18 million combined. And moving Holl still doesn’t clear enough space to help a lot. Detroit has a tight cap situation for the next season or two, so big moves are unlikely, especially if Kane and Ghost get re-signed.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Another thing to remember. There’s a second buyout period later this summer. You’re also allowed to exceed the cap by 10% over the summer. So they don’t have to be pushed into buying anyone out today for more cap space. They know they can clear another $7 million at least.

One other thing I was hearing yesterday. Don’t be surprised if Detroit does make a run at Askarov using Michael Rasmussen as bait. I don’t think they would do a top prospect, but if they did, it would likely be ASP. You’d assume Cossa or Augustine would be involved in that somewhere too, and they’d likely get something else in return from Nashville.

People shouldn’t ignore the value a Michael Rasmussen holds. His contract is great as he enters his prime and big Cs with some skill don’t grow on trees. My issue would be, he’s taken steps every year and he’s entering his 25 year old year. Right when big Cs start producing for 5-7 years. They’ve invested so much into him, it would stink to see it all happen somewhere else. Especially on that contract.

People are still extremely high on him despite the garbage you hear on fan sites. At worst we know he’s a legit 3C for his prime years. His hands are really soft though, and that’s what intrigues people, because the game has finally slowed down for him. That’s exactly when you start seeing the numbers start increasing.

raymond23

lgrw
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Would be REALLY bummed if we don't bring back Kane

Even more bummed if we sign Matt Roy to a 4-6 year contract. I know some of you disagree but I'm just not digging that player profile considering out UFA signings the past two years

DTR

Dec 13, 2021

Even more bummed if we sign Matt Roy to a 4-6 year contract. I know some of you disagree but I'm just not digging that player profile considering out UFA signings the past two years

Roy is literally the exact opposite of Chiarot and Holl. His analytics are very good.

raymond23

lgrw
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Another thing to remember. There’s a second buyout period later this summer. You’re also allowed to exceed the cap by 10% over the summer. So they don’t have to be pushed into buying anyone out today for more cap space. They know they can clear another $7 million at least.

One other thing I was hearing yesterday. Don’t be surprised if Detroit does make a run at Askarov using Michael Rasmussen as bait. I don’t think they would do a top prospect, but if they did, it would likely be ASP. You’d assume Cossa or Augustine would be involved in that somewhere too, and they’d likely get something else in return from Nashville.

People shouldn’t ignore the value a Michael Rasmussen holds. His contract is great as he enters his prime and big Cs with some skill don’t grow on trees. My issue would be, he’s taken steps every year and he’s entering his 25 year old year. Right when big Cs start producing for 5-7 years. They’ve invested so much into him, it would stink to see it all happen somewhere else. Especially on that contract.

People are still extremely high on him despite the garbage you hear on fan sites. At worst we know he’s a legit 3C for his prime years. His hands are really soft though, and that’s what intrigues people, because the game has finally slowed down for him. That’s exactly when you start seeing the numbers start increasing.

Interesting stuff

I would be very surprised if we made a run at Askarov considering the capital we have invested in Cossa and considering he's the same tier of prospect (I have Cossa #1 in our system)

Rasmussen has a lot to prove before we can label him a legit 3C. He's an average 3W at the moment who can't stay on the ice and is wildly inconsistent physically

Fabbri is the guy I don't think is talked about enough in terms of being let go, especially if we bring back Kane and input Berggren into the lineup

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018

Get ready to be bummed. Also no one is considering how f***ing cheap Chris Illitch is! No way do we out bid for Stamkos AND Kane. Be prepared for NEITHER to be on the Wings. We will suffer til the kids are ready if they ever are and will get the #11 pick in the 2025 draft...

• Haha
Reactions: MagicMann13

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Don't toy with my heart, Pete. I've been an Askarov stan forever.
Not at the cost of ASP. I'm opposed to moving that guy for essentially anyone. He's our top prospect I'd rather move Danielson which is also very, very gross.

Reactions: raymond23

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
They’re going to get 16-18 million combined. And moving Holl still doesn’t clear enough space to help a lot. Detroit has a tight cap situation for the next season or two, so big moves are unlikely, especially if Kane and Ghost get re-signed.

Holl and Chiarot get infinitely easier to move next season, if that's the route they want to take. Cap can clear up pretty fast for the Wings if they need it.

Reactions: Steve Yzerlland

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Not at the cost of ASP. I'm opposed to moving that guy for essentially anyone. He's our top prospect I'd rather move Danielson which is also very, very gross.

I get and respect that. Goalies are voodoo and all that. But Askarov really is the best goalie prospect since Price. Or I guess Vasi. He's as "real deal" as you can get at that position.

I'm thrilled with Cossa and Augustine in the system now, but when you see the guy you always wanted just dangling out there in trade rumors... let me get a little excited.

Reactions: jfrank21 and ZDH

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $27,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 2