GDT: Free Agent Frenzy!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I wonder if Adams knows this could be his last as GM.

I think that could be a media and fan narrative more than a reality.
The idea that Adams is on the hot seat is completely made up by the media and based on what would happen in any other professional sports franchise. Adams is basically a Pegula, he’s going nowhere.

You don’t hire a guy with no experience and then fire him because he isn’t knocking it out of the park.

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
So stl gets paid a third to take a 2.4M contract of a decent third liner and we pay a 2nd for a 26 year old who just cracked the nhl. Nice. (I actually like malenstyn I’m just trying to get people going/ maybe not at a 2nd tho 😂)

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
We definitely need center depth. Even if everyone clicks and is playing well enough, if one of Tage, Cozens, Krebs, or Lafferty goes down I don't know who we plug in or slide over. Kulich? Savoie? Ostlund? Or try Quinn there? At least with Girgensons you know you could use him in a pinch.
I would love for Kevyn to try and have Kupari added if they work on something with Ehlers. If not maybe a Kupari for Rousek or 7th.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
So stl gets paid a third to take a 2.4M contract of a decent third liner and we pay a 2nd for a 26 year old who just cracked the nhl. Nice. (I actually like malenstyn I’m just trying to get people going/ maybe not at a 2nd tho 😂)
Ehh, Joseph and decent really don't go together, plus there is a second year... Now Faksa, I probably would have taken for future considerations as depth.

Reactions: RWatson29

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Come on now. There is differentiation between being happy with the players that they’ve acquired because they fill a need and a role versus being co that it totally fixes things or makes this lineup playoff worthy. It’s not an either or.
It actually is an either/or.

I’ve seen plenty of people say Adams is doing a great job this offseason - is it really possible to do a great job and also think this isn’t a playoff team? Id say no.

I’d suggest that they are people whose bar is so low that they are going to be happy no matter what happens. It’s nice to be those people, but winning doesn’t matter to them.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
It actually is an either/or.

I’ve seen plenty of people say Adams is doing a great job this offseason - is it really possible to do a great job and also think this isn’t a playoff team? Id say no.

I’d suggest that they are people whose bar is so low that they are going to be happy no matter what happens. It’s nice to be those people, but winning doesn’t matter to them.
So far it's too little, too late. I was done with Adams a year ago.
If you look at this summer so far I think it's a C- that can improve a lot.
One big trade for a top 6 center and I'd be pretty happy about the roster balance.

My favourite deal so far is the Reimer deal. Trading down at the draft for a good return and getting our guy was nice as well.

Reactions: debaser66

CrazyWayne

Dec 15, 2018
So far it's too little, too late. I was done with Adams a year ago.
If you look at this summer so far I think it's a C- that can improve a lot.
One big trade for a top 6 center and I'd be pretty happy about the roster balance.

My favourite deal so far is the Reimer deal. Trading down at the draft for a good return and getting our guy was nice as well.
Adams has done his job so far in my opinion now he just has to finish doing his job ie. a center, retool some of the defense etc

To use a baseball reference, Adams has put runners in scoring positions now can he get them home

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
NHL should tie NTC to salary tbh. NTC and NMC seem to kill a bunch of deals. Tie it to the offer sheet formula. The team still elects if they want to give one or not but this is the structure they would look like. Also tie in a rule that is 3 or more, there need is to be a minimum of one team from each conference.

$1 - $1,511,701 = No NTC

$1,511,702 - $2,290,457 = 1 team NTC

$2,290,458 - $4,580,917 = 3 team NTC

$4,580,918 - $6,871,374 = 5 team NTC

$6,871,375 - $9,161,834 = 7 team NTC

$9,161,835 - $11,452,294 = 10 team NTC

$11,452,295 = Full NMC

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Roslovic would be a great short term fix for the Mittelstadt problem. Gives Adams time to set up a long term fix.
Roslovic has been playing more wing than center lately. I wouldn't count on him fixing the Sabres 3C issue. He would be a lottery ticket with Krebs in an attempt to get something going in that spot, though.

Reactions: Sabreality

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
NHL should tie NTC to salary tbh. NTC and NMC seem to kill a bunch of deals. Tie it to the offer sheet formula. The team still elects if they want to give one or not but this is the structure they would look like. Also tie in a rule that is 3 or more, there need is to be a minimum of one team from each conference.

$1 - $1,511,701 = No NTC

$1,511,702 - $2,290,457 = 1 team NTC

$2,290,458 - $4,580,917 = 3 team NTC

$4,580,918 - $6,871,374 = 5 team NTC

$6,871,375 - $9,161,834 = 7 team NTC

$9,161,835 - $11,452,294 = 10 team NTC

$11,452,295 = Full NMC

NHLPA would never approve that.

NMC/NTCs are fine. The issue is that that teams give them out too liberally.

Reactions: Jim Bob

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Roslovic has been playing more wing than center lately. I wouldn't count on him fixing the Sabres 3C issue. He would be a lottery ticket with Krebs in an attempt to get something going in that spot, though.
He should be better than Krebs though. If we are still in the playoff race by december we might be able to get someone from teams that gice up. I like our chances way better even with a bad option like Roslovic, Krebs as 3C is just wild gambling with very little upside.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad