GDT: Free Agent Frenzy!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Damn Washington got Chychrun real cheap.

Nice pickup for them. He will fit in nicely there.

Would have been a good fit here too.

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
Any chance for henrique or johnson for a 1 year deal ? overpayment like the zucker as we have cap .

Peterka Thompson Tuch
Benson Cozens Quinn
Zucker Henrique Greenway
Malenstyn Lafferty Kubel
Krebs

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I see Florida reloading on their supply of dinks now that Lomberg went to Calgary by signing ex Flame AJ Greer.

Pat Maroon off to Chicago

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He also has an elite 2C there. So even if he doesn't get top line time, he will have the C to produce on line 2. I think it is about as good a spot as a player like skinner could get.

They also have the last center Skinner scored a lot with while in Carolina on their team... Derek Ryan.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Hahahaha Skinner ends up in Edmonton!? Hell yes brother, he’s gonna score 60. Seriously, thought it’d be Toronto but they loaded up elsewhere and probably didn’t see the value. Hope it kicks em in the teeth. Same principle I was thinking of though- he complements elite scorers, put him in that position.

Sick signing, one of my favorites.

Also like DeBrusk deal. Stamkos feels expensive, idk on Tanev. Pesce is obviously a steal at 5.5, doubt we coulda gotten that but f***in Jersey?

Anywho, we got whose his face, what’s his name, and I don’t care, so we’re set.
Roy a steal at 5.75 too.

WSH and NJ aren't exactly prime destinations right now but they had no problem landing the 2 best RHD on the market to reasonable deals. Both for 6 years at less than $6m aav

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo

Listening now. Really is a very good podcast. Interesting comments on dev camp and Adam’s Jr. Sabres comment. I don’t really get what he’s doing. Kinda hate it actually.

Edit: Woah, they kind went ham on Adams for a while there towards the end. Saying he’s blaming Donny for problems and not letting Lindy bring in his own staff.

Breath of fresh air.

Last edited:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Pesce is obviously a steal at 5.5, doubt we coulda gotten that but f***in Jersey?

Roy a steal at 5.75 too.

WSH and NJ aren't exactly prime destinations right now but they had no problem landing the 2 best RHD on the market to reasonable deals. Both for 6 years at less than $6m aav
I think you guys missed one of the worst kept secrets of June and the Marino trade then all but confirmed it. Pesce wanted to be a Devil:
Pesce, who signed a six-year deal with a $5.5 million average annual value with the Devils, spoke with the media from his home in Tarrytown, NY, a 45-minute drive from his new home facility at the Prudential Center.

It’s also a sort of homecoming for Pesce in more ways than mere proximity. He played youth hockey in New Jersey with the New Jersey Avalanche at the triple AAA level and New Jersey Hitmen at the junior level (EJHL).

“Playing close to home for me is something really important,” he said. “To be 45 minutes from the Prudential Center is a dream come true. I played my youth hockey in Hackensack. I can’t ask for anything more.

“The thought of being a New Jersey Devil is hard to describe and hard to put into words how special it is to me.”

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
As much as I wanted GMKA to make a splash, there are only a few signings that I wish the Sabres had made instead. Stamkos, great deal. Pesce, a steal at $5.5M. Guentzel and Sammy are great Floridian discount deals. Avs got a good deal with Casey.

None of these players were ever in play for Buffalo today.

There definitely some players I covet, but not for the term they got.

Zadorov for 6 years?
Lindholm for 7? Yikes.
Montour for 7? Good luck with that.
OEL until he's 38?
Tanev signed until he's 40?

The DeBrusk and Duclair deals are decent.

I don't hate what GMKA did, or didn't do. Don't understand the Zucker deal, but it's one year and we all need a whipping boy.

Reactions: Dingo44 and Jage

RobRayzor

Jun 23, 2016
Helsinki
I love Gus, but I hope he loses 82 games next year.
IMG_6113.gif

PatLaFontaineASMR

Jul 9, 2014
Parts Unkown
Roy a steal at 5.75 too.

7 years for a 29 year old defender is not a steal or a reasonable deal. It will age like milk like most of the deals today. This is 2016 all over again.

Jage

Oct 29, 2022
Listening now. Really is a very good podcast. Interesting comments on dev camp and Adam’s Jr. Sabres comment. I don’t really get what he’s doing. Kinda hate it actually.

Edit: Woah, they kind went ham on Adams for a while there towards the end. Saying he’s blaming Donny for problems and not letting Lindy bring in his own staff.

Breath of fresh air.

Should please the "KA is the worst GM ever!"-crowd.

In general I don't understand the bitching and whining about GMKA standing still and not making a splash. I mean there weren't really high priority UFA players on the market that would be coming to Buffalo barring sick overpayment, its depth players for us. The most valuable assests that the team has are already on the team so trading is the way to go if any. Team like the Sabres build on drafting and developing (or trading these players).

Also in my mind the most important move of the off-season was done the day Meatballs was let go. A team of nobodies with a good system can do wonders while a team of big names with no system can be a total shitshow. It's not about the names on the back but more about how to utilize those names and we have the players already that either are expected to take the jump or bounce back.

Reactions: stealth1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad