GDT: Free Agent Frenzy!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Good for Girgensons. Probably broke Pegula’s heart turning him down. He’s Terry’s favorite player.
I hope he doesn't hold it against Adams and decides to bring in a different GM who won't sit on his hands for years and then start listing excuses in press conferences

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Jeff skinner is going to be a healthy scratch and on waivers within 40 games. The oilers improved when the team bought in and committed to a two way, team first game. If Skinner was able to do that, he’d still be here.
This post is going to age worse than a tuna fish sandwich left out in the sun for 3 weeks.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Jeff skinner is going to be a healthy scratch and on waivers within 40 games. The oilers improved when the team bought in and committed to a two way, team first game. If Skinner was able to do that, he’d still be here.
When did we play a two-way game for him to buy into in the first place?

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen has now been with the organization the longest of any player.
And thank god he didn't get run out of town at the start of last year, which could have easily happened when he started slowly and paring down the goalie room from three to two became a fan obsession.

We'd truly be up shit's creek right now if we had lost him in the shuffle.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Jury is still out on Adams. I’m not sure he’s up to the task but he’s not acting like a GM that’s in trouble or panicking. It seems like they’re just building through the draft. I don’t know when or if they start getting more aggressive to win now.
This is about as aggressive as they’re gonna get

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Jury is still out on Adams. I’m not sure he’s up to the task but he’s not acting like a GM that’s in trouble or panicking. It seems like they’re just building through the draft. I don’t know when or if they start getting more aggressive to win now.

It's been 13 years since this team last made the playoffs, aka the longest drought in the history of the National Hockey League. It's well past time to be aggressive.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
I don't get that annoyed on UFA day much anymore. The majority of these contracts and signing don't end up working out. They age poorly.

I have no interest in a Stephenson, Stamkos or Lindholm
It’s been a few years since I stopped letting sports affect my mood that much. Out of your control, is irrelevant to real life, just enjoy the ride. Wasted so many careers being upset that the team wasn’t good enough instead of enjoying the good nights and doing something else on the bad nights. Now I just like laughing at people who chose to be upset and then blame how upset they are on the owner or the gm.
Can we officially start boycotting this bullshit franchise. These moves are dog shit.
like this guy

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
It’s been a few years since I stopped letting sports affect my mood that much.

I think it was when Buffalo lost to Ottawa years ago that my wife made the observation along the lines of: "I'm worried that the Sabres are affecting your mood too much". She was right. I was too emotionally invested.

Took a few years, but the Bills and Sabres don't affect my mood over much (13 seconds notwithstanding). It was a conscious choice I made. I still enjoy watching the Bills and Sabres, and get joy when they win.....and I still want them to win. But everything is in perspective for me.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Skinner in Edmonton will be interesting. He won't get any PP time there though since they're not breaking up their PP1, so that works in their advantage.

I love Gus, but I hope he loses 82 games next year.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Skinner in Edmonton will be interesting. He won't get any PP time there though since they're not breaking up their PP1, so that works in their advantage.

I love Gus, but I hope he loses 82 games next year.
He also has an elite 2C there. So even if he doesn't get top line time, he will have the C to produce on line 2. I think it is about as good a spot as a player like skinner could get.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Hahahaha Skinner ends up in Edmonton!? Hell yes brother, he’s gonna score 60. Seriously, thought it’d be Toronto but they loaded up elsewhere and probably didn’t see the value. Hope it kicks em in the teeth. Same principle I was thinking of though- he complements elite scorers, put him in that position.

Sick signing, one of my favorites.

Also like DeBrusk deal. Stamkos feels expensive, idk on Tanev. Pesce is obviously a steal at 5.5, doubt we coulda gotten that but f***in Jersey?

Anywho, we got whose his face, what’s his name, and I don’t care, so we’re set.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad