GDT: Free Agent Frenzy!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Rutger McGroarty is a prospect. He's not a huge addition. Ehlers is vastly injury prone. I'd only pray for a Pinto acquisition because he plays hard both ways. Necas is not a two way player. He's soft as diaper rash.
I'm betting (hoping) that Ventura's team has had a lot to do with these signings.

I'm on board with a major trade coming later. Ehlers/Necas/Pinto/McGroarty...or one that will really shock us.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I'd be so much happier with this offseason if we had kept mitts and extended him for 3x$5.75 and had picked up one of the very affordable top 4 RHD, or even a LHD.

I know Adams said he wasn't in the market for a top 4 rhd, but that doesn't mean it's not still a gaping hole in the lineup.

All of these upgrades that we've been told are impossible or too expensive to make for the last 3-4 years and then all of these pretty reasonable deals get made this year by other teams.

Marino 2x 2nds

We could have easily tacked on +2million to either of these deals or an extra year to get it done
Roy 6 x $5.75m
Pesce 6 x $5.5m

Demelo extended for only 4X$4.9m. You're telling me we couldn't have traded a 3rd for his rights and signed him for 5x$6m?

lhd
dillion 3 x $4m
Even Zads at 6 x$5m
Kept Mitts, gave whatever deal Roy wanted, add Malenstyn and Lafferty, make a big trade for Ehlers and THEN buy-out Skinner...now that would make sense.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Unsigned 3C possibilities ... Henrique, Roslovic, Wennberg. Stephenson at 7x$6.25 is crazy. I honestly wonder if GMs' staff factor in a future buyout on deals like that.

What about our backup? Was hoping Levi at least starts the season in Rochester. It's UPL's net until he proves last season was a fluke.
I don’t know what else people need to hear or see to realize that Krebs is the 3C and Lafferty is the 4C that Adams said he was looking for. He’s always been consistent in his message that Krebs is 3C now.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Haven’t really heard the Sabres were in on anything big. I don’t know what that means.
Guessing we'll be relying on last years top 6 to do it....Maybe add a one of our prospects in the mix ? I understand, it's probably no bigger name player wants to come here.
.we probably got to dig ourselves out of this hole to change the culture..Not an easy task.

Reactions: buffalowing88

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
You haven't seen top 6 forwards traded today. In all likelihood, today is about UFAs and then trades will come in the next week or two. Especially with teams having to clear cap after their UFA spending sprees. Or for guys that want trades out of town like Pinto, Robertson, RMcG, and others.
He has a full roster now, and he’s literally done every single thing he said he’d do. The roster is now 100% his guys and they’re not looking to trade any of them.

The trades would have been to fill the Zucker and Lafferty roles - he’s not trading those two after he just signed them.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Mantha only went for 1 x $3.5m?

I would have much rather given him the Zucker deal than Zucker. lmao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad