GDT: Free Agent Frenzy!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Exactly. Not sure why everyone is freaking out. I actually like the additions to the bottom-6 even if Zucker is overpaid. Now, if they do nothing else, then I'll be a bit peeved.
I feel they changed the flavor of the 4th line/bottom 6 slightly, but I don't think they really addressed the lack of production or the true issues of the bottom 6. For me, as much as we may have needed to change the 4th line (for example), it was more important to add the more physical element and veteran leadership into our top 6. For the bottom 6 for me, I wanted a little more possession game WITH the puck that created chances.

I also feel they didn't really address any of the leadership voids, and even the issues of said leadership that this team has been lacking, even with Okposo here.

It honestly feels like the same team, with different faces. If there's really going to be a difference in the team, it's still coming down to what Ruff can influence for the team, which is what I was hoping wouldn't be the issue. Still plenty of time left. Still a work in progress.

On a scale of 1-10 I feel they are at a 3 in terms improvement and fixing issues on the team. I don't even hate Zucker, Malenstyn, and Lafferty, it's just not enough for me.

Reactions: TheBarnIsElectric

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
It's funny, I don't mind the 4th line signings.

But, if you are going to overpay for someone...don't do it for a guy that doesn't fill any need. Zucker was terrible last year. He's a guy you sign on a 1 year, 2M prove it deal. Not a guy you give 5M to. He went for a 6th rounder last year at the deadline.

I don't care if its a one year deal, its dumb asset management and just reeks of desperation. If a bad player wants 5M to come here you just tell them to f*** off. It's better to be roasted for doing nothing than doing something dumb.
Good lord man

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
It's funny, I don't mind the 4th line signings.

But, if you are going to overpay for someone...don't do it for a guy that doesn't fill any need. Zucker was terrible last year. He's a guy you sign on a 1 year, 2M prove it deal. Not a guy you give 5M to. He went for a 6th rounder last year at the deadline.

I don't care if its a one year deal, its dumb asset management and just reeks of desperation. If a bad player wants 5M to come here you just tell them to f*** off. It's better to be roasted for doing nothing than doing some
One of the few luxuries we have is to overpay a guy like this. Hes not a 24 year old bust we hope will figure it out, he's shown the ability and isn't ancient

Reactions: SundherDome

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I feel they changed the flavor of the 4th line/bottom 6 slightly, but I don't think they really addressed the lack of production or the true issues of the bottom 6. For me, as much as we may have needed to change the 4th line (for example), it was more important to add the more physical element and veteran leadership into our top 6. For the bottom 6 for me, I wanted a little more possession game WITH the puck that created chances.

I also feel they didn't really address any of the leadership voids, and even the issues of said leadership that this team has been lacking, even with Okposo here.

It honestly feels like the same team, with different faces. If there's really going to be a difference in the team, it's still coming down to what Ruff can influence for the team, which is what I was hoping wouldn't be the issue. Still plenty of time left. Still a work in progress.

On a scale of 1-10 I feel they are at a 3 in terms improvement and fixing issues on the team. I don't even hate Zucker, Malenstyn, and Lafferty, it's just not enough for me.
Biggest change is Ruff. That will trickle down to Tuch/Tage/Dahlin. The completely remade 4th line will basically be our less violent version of the "Jim's" where they will go set a tone or wake up the team. This team will have structure and accountability under Ruff and the players that have been brought it will parrot that of others forget it.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Good lord man

I love how "Don't overpay for a 1 dimensional forward whose 1 dimension was awful last year' is some sort of hot take.

One of the few luxuries we have is to overpay a guy like this. Hes not a 24 year old bust we hope will figure it out, he's shown the ability and isn't ancient

He's 32. In the last 5 years, he's had 1 season above 20 goals.

And that was when he played with Malkin.

In what world is overpaying for that, even on a one year deal...smart?

It's dumb desperation management, again.

It's like giving up an early 2nd round pick for a 4th line winger.

Wait, shit, we did that too.

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Can we officially start boycotting this bullshit franchise. These moves are dog shit.
You may, I pretty excited about this team. Would love another RD but Joki played fine last year and another top 6 winger would be nice to push Benson down the lineup. A number 7 dman as well. All in all, this one of the most complete teams we have had.

Reactions: HOOats and BUCKSHOT

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Malenstyn - Lafferty - Aube-Kubel will at least wake the crowd up and might just draw the team into the fray on a nightly basis.
Are you being paid by the Sabres, to type that drab statement. Malenstyn, Aube-Kubel, Zucker, Sandstrom, Dunne, are more examples of Adams with his manboy crush on removing one problem for another. Add a bunch of big hard to play against talent that average less than 20 points, and instead of 10 points out of the playoffs, we're 25 out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad