GDT: Free Agent Frenzy!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
NJ fixes their goaltending every year and every year it's still garbage
No, they haven't, that's just plain wrong. They now have the best goalie they've had in many years.

They also fixed their defense and coaching. They're going to be MUCH better than Buffalo in almost every metric.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
I am musing about a deal with the Jets--How about Byrum and Savoie for McGroarty and Ehlers as the basis for a deal? They would have to be signed to contracts Sabres can live with?
McGroarty I heard rejected Buffalo already. They won't move Byram already. If you want to do something Like Joker/Krebs a prospect and a draft pick for Ehlers, potentially. Ehlers is getting up there in age.

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
1) it’s not unreasonable to want them to make a move of real consequence to the club’s high end
2) it’s 12:44 pm

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Thats what they kept telling us about Detroit last year.
No, they haven't, that's just plain wrong. They now have the best goalies they've had in many years.

They also fixed their defense and coaching. They're going to be MUCH better than Buffalo in almost every metric.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Thats what they kept telling us about Detroit last year.
No one said they fixed their goaltending last year. Show me the receipts for that claim.

Detroit is far better than Buffalo, and finished ahead of us last year, so I'm not even sure what tf you're talking about.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
If we got Aube-Kubel that's a good 4th line for next year and will bang bodies. Zucker on the 3rd line (hopefully). Now use your prospects to get a legitimate top 6 winger and a real 3C and we are cooking.

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Imo Detroit are just better looking frauds than we are, but they’re probably closer to the playoffs

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Much better than Buffalo in every Metric.
No one said they fixed their goaltending last year. Show me the receipts for that claim.

Detroit is far better than Buffalo, and finished ahead of us last year, so I'm not even sure what tf you're talking about.
Sabres had 6 more regulation wins than Detroit. They were not statistically better. Goals for and against were inverted too.

Point is, FA additions often don't work out.

Reactions: Aladyyn

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
We're so much better than Detroit it's not even funny. There's like 2 guys on that entire team that I'd want on the Sabres

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
It's funny, I don't mind the 4th line signings.

But, if you are going to overpay for someone...don't do it for a guy that doesn't fill any need. Zucker was terrible last year. He's a guy you sign on a 1 year, 2M prove it deal. Not a guy you give 5M to. He went for a 6th rounder last year at the deadline.

I don't care if its a one year deal, its dumb asset management and just reeks of desperation. If a bad player wants 5M to come here you just tell them to f*** off. It's better to be roasted for doing nothing than doing something dumb.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad