GDT: Free Agent Frenzy!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Eichel during his first training camp threw a hissyfit during a team breakfast by throwing an omelet at the staff chef. He's always been an entitled prick and I'm tired of commentary about him like he was some sort of paragon while he was in Buffalo.
:help:that's wild.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Fill in the 4th line, overpay for a legit 3C, get a vet backup G (or a strong AHL starter that can become backup if Levi or UPL get injured), get a 2nd/3rd pair defensive defenseman.

Our UFA needs really should be attainable. If we don’t replace Skinner in UFA, I don’t think it’s the end of the world.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Eichel during his first training camp threw a hissyfit during a team breakfast by throwing an omelet at the staff chef. He's always been an entitled prick and I'm tired of commentary about him like he was some sort of paragon while he was in Buffalo.
Are you serious?

Reactions: oldgoalie

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
What would be more upsetting; not acquiring a legit top 6 player or a clear over spend for one?
IMO, clearly not getting one. We overspent for Stillman, Greenway, Maletsyn, etc... After reading pages in this thread about "no one wants to come here" and "Adams can't get anything done", we just need to make something happen, start winning and worry about anything else secondarily.

Reactions: Matt Ress

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Teddy Roosevelt's comments that there is taking the right action, taking the wrong action and taking no action at all - overspending might be the wrong action but it is an action. Taking no action... well... we know where that leads.

The overspending.
Interesting. I would be more disappointed with not making a move. Guess it all depends on who, how much, the return...

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
You should not be afraid of overspending, 90% of teams in the final 3 years just attach a pick to the contract to move it. Sign someone for 6x6 and when they suck in 3 years give a SJ type team a second to get a 6x3 player. Salary no longer an issue. Detroit just did this. Would you take a 6m player that gave you 60 points for 3 years?
Do we need another Okposo or Skinner signing?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Fill in the 4th line, overpay for a legit 3C, get a vet backup G (or a strong AHL starter that can become backup if Levi or UPL get injured), get a 2nd/3rd pair defensive defenseman.

Our UFA needs really should be attainable. If we don’t replace Skinner in UFA, I don’t think it’s the end of the world.
We need a good and proven top 6 or top 9 winger.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

Yea, you honestly don’t want to replace skinner in free agency. That should 100% a trade. And it doesn’t have to happen this week.

And it’s all super attainable, our needs aren’t unrealistic. It’s whether or not our GM can pull it off

Reactions: Matt Ress

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Source?

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
The writing was on the wall when they did not offer Mitts a contract. If they even had an inkling that they would buy out skinner, the Mitts issue was a non factor. To those who say you can’t get top 4 d easily, they are moving fairly easily around the league. Not knowing your roster and the lack of pro scouting is coming home to roost Bobby Boucher
But, but, Mama said Mitts is the devil.

• Haha
Reactions: Tatanka

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Do we need another Okposo or Skinner signing?
6x3 is an easily absorbed contract nowadays on a cap floor team. No one complained about Skinner at first outside of an extra 2m. that 7x3 is looking a lot better than 9x3 now.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
How is the Eichel snit new to people?? That came out shortly after he was dealt, from Brian Gionta as part of the talk about how Eich didn't want to listen to anyone and how he acted was toxic as f***.

This is old f***ing news.
My hatred for Peters and Rivet knows no bounds

What top 6 forward is signing a 3x$6M AAV deal as a UFA with the Sabres today?
6x6* in 3 years when they suck then its 6x3 to move. It was mostly my value of a 60 point winger.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
How is the Eichel snit new to people?? That came out shortly after he was dealt, from Brian Gionta as part of the talk about how Eich didn't want to listen to anyone and how he acted was toxic as f***.

This is old f***ing news.
I remember Gionta talking about Eichel in a pretty negative manner on the ATW show after the trade, but I have no recollection of that story. Seems like that one would be hard to forget.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad