GDT: Free Agent Frenzy!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I mean the ideal free agency is remaking our 4th line and getting a decent third line center. Maybe a physical 5/6 defensmen. Nothing splashy

The problem is we need a legit scoring addition, which would come through trade (we seriously do not want a splash signing free agent, it would not be pretty)….which we have all lost confidence in KA to get done

And I swear, if we miss out on the 4th line type additions, LOL

Reactions: js31 and TageGod

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
The expectations that a lot of you are creating for this team is ridiculous.

Starting with the draft, there were three other teams, at least, that were trying to move their picks for top 6 or top 4 defensive help. None of the picks were moved and no roster players were moved.

When a second round pick was moved, it's was blasted because it was a round too high. But this place was going to riot if they made both picks. We essentially dropped three spots in the first round and picked the exact player that we would have taken at 11. Malenstyn was a free bottom 6 and PK upgrade on a roster that dearly needs bottom 6 help. Sure there may have been other options but we will never know what was being offered, so why sweat it.

Skinner being bought out. There seems to be a huge focus on the money aspect. "Why do we need more cap when we already have so much and nobody wants to sign here". It could be that Jeff just doesn't fit the style of play that Ruff wants and getting out of it now makes sense for Jeff and the team. The additional cap space also could have value as we could outbid half the league if there is a guy who is looking for money.

Free agency - We haven't been big game hunters, every once and a whole one comes through. The hype for Kane over the last week was wild. He was mentioned quite a bit which is odd because he doesn't want to play here and after his half season last year, didn't look completely washed, so there was likely a 0% chance he would come here. Stamkos, same thing, the only way I could see him coming here is for a huge money deal and we have no clue his motivations. This team still needs to build out the bottom 6, build depth, grab a steady RHD and look at a top 6 winger with Jeff gone. By all accounts, that is what Adams is looking at, even as late as this morning.

I get that the 13 year drought wears on people but the expectations that we were going to emerge from last weekend as a place where players would waive or take a little bit more than market to persuade is not realistic. Until this thing can get turned out, it will be tough sledding out there and expectations should reflect that.

Reactions: michaelsaas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad