GDT: Free Agent Frenzy!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Today is going to suck, isn’t it?

lol
Not if you have realistic expectations for what Adams can get done today.

My personal hope is that their UFA signings are cheap depth guys and other teams overspend like drunk sailors on shore leave.

And then Adams can call up teams with cap issues with trade offers to help them with their cap issues.

I loved the Marner to Vegas idea as I then hoped that they would need to move guys like Roy, Karlsson, and Whitecloud.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
While it’s true that other franchises may not be as reliably bad over the past decade as the Sabres, really bad teams still find ways to acquire legitimate players every year. There’s no excuse
Bad ownership, poor management, one of the less desirable markets for players, and playing in an arena that's felt more like a public library for most of these players' careers is a pretty toxic cocktail.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

6' 4", 216 lbs, local kid who went to St. Joe's and played for the Jr. Sabres. I'd call him a low-event type.

I know his uncle, not sure if he still works for the ticket side of the Sabres shop or not. I haven't talked to him since I left WNY.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
wgr pushing other teams do not want to do business, players do not want to come to Buffalo, and the Sabres can't get things done this morning Just sayin'

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad