GDT: Free Agent Frenzy!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
This team is such a joke. I do appreciate all the extra time from not caring nearly as much as I used to. The Sabres drought will last longer than the Bills did. At least the Bills signed top free agents during the drought. Just overpay for top guys money talks the most period.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

Any post mentioning Dixon Ward makes my coffee taste a little bit better!

None of these would upset me. Gilbert makes sense as a local kid:

I was worried about this when KA mentioned getting tougher on the 3rd pair. My issue with a guy like Gilbert is sure, pairing him and Clifton would make them a pain in the ass when we don't have the puck. But when we do get the puck who the hell is going to be capable of making a successful pass out of the zone?

Unless we go with the ole flip the puck out and make the forwards work like hell in the neutral zone. To be fair that strategy worked wonders for the Oilers in the finals, and in years past it was Vegas' entire zone exit strategy...

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Reinhart's been a PPG for Florida the past 3 years. He's 30+ goals in all his years with them. He's a very pivotal player for their team, and he's pretty damn dependable in terms of injuries/playing time even with how heavy Florida plays their game.

There's nothing INSANE about this deal. Even with the most conservative outlook of understanding that maybe Sam's legs may not make it through the whole deal, Florida should get a very good amount of playing time from Sam at a very reasonable rate, a guy who doesn't take shifts off, and doesn't cheat the game, and relies more on his IQ than body for his game.
Chill the guy only scored the GWG in Game 7 in the SC final. No big deal.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Any post mentioning Dixon Ward makes my coffee taste a little bit better!

I was worried about this when KA mentioned getting tougher on the 3rd pair. My issue with a guy like Gilbert is sure, pairing him and Clifton would make them a pain in the ass when we don't have the puck. But when we do get the puck who the hell is going to be capable of making a successful pass out of the zone?

Unless we go with the ole flip the puck out and make the forwards work like hell in the neutral zone. To be fair that strategy worked wonders for the Oilers in the finals, and in years past it was Vegas' entire zone exit strategy...
You’re missing the fact that they can’t get the puck. So it’s a win.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Going to stick with my predictions of Janmark and Wennberg today, Zucker tomorrow, and Kevyn calling it a summer at COB on Tuesday.
I would be fine with that. Happy even. It would buy us some time to make the trades needed.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Gilbert, Aube-Kubel, none of that is what I want to hear. Even if they are good players. While Boston, Devils and other competitors improve their rosters.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I still don’t believe Ruff will ice a top 4 defense and goalie that’s average age can barely buy a beer.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Janmark yes

Wennberg and Zucker no thanks.
To be clear, that was not advocacy, just stating what I think might happen. I think we'd significantly overpay for Wennberg (in term and dollars), and Zucker smacks of a "we struck out on many much bigger top-9 wing options, oh, hey, this guy used to be good" type of consolation prize.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Us Sabre fans waited the entire playoffs for this last week. It's been pretty disappointing so far. I've been feeling full-on Buffalo vibes that I haven't felt in a while. We can't be at the absolute bottom of the whole league, can we? Someone must want to come here.

Reactions: KrakenSabresMike

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Who is Gilbert? And what skills set does he bring?

6' 4", 216 lbs, local kid who went to St. Joe's and played for the Jr. Sabres. I'd call him a low-event type.

Reactions: Chainshot

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
We can't realistically expect a top 6. A 3C is my Wishlist. Will take a good winger if it means trade route for the C.

Team does not need to sign 30 year olds for 8x8 in FA.

This team feels blackballed. No one trades with us, our prices are higher, no one signs with us, and players reject the trades. Does Adams just annoy people or do they not like Pegula? Maybe the Eichel situation people don't like Adams for.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
While it’s true that other franchises may not be as reliably bad over the past decade as the Sabres, really bad teams still find ways to acquire legitimate players every year. There’s no excuse

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Us Sabre fans waited the entire playoffs for this last week. It's been pretty disappointing so far. I've been feeling full-on Buffalo vibes that I haven't felt in a while. We can't be at the absolute bottom of the whole league, can we? Someone must want to come here.
Why would a player voluntarily go to the team that is the development team for the rest of the league?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad