GDT: Free Agent Frenzy!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
Contract and trade value are secondary considerations at this point. The time for being frugal has passed.

1. Can we expect the acquired player to play well in their role next year?
  2. Is it a role that we need?

These are the questions that matter all the time, IMO, but even more so given the Sabres' current situation. I'm not going to get upset if they sign a reliably good player at a role we need if it costs more than some contract projection said it should.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013

Keep your head in the sand about Sam, at this point it would be more embarrassing to admit you've been wrong for so long
I'm guessing he will have a Pavelski-like career. Amazing deal for Florida.
To me it looked like when Reinhart gained a little strength 20/21 it was all he needed to become great. His whole game came together.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Hearing the Sabres are ready to acquire pizza and wings for lunch, though Pegula has insisted they try to find a place with a lunch special and/or coupons

Hold on, turns out, the Leafs ordered a huge spread for lunch and posted a picture on Instagram.
Terry has bought the entire Boston Pizza chain restaurant for an exorbitant price. He has hired Rob Ray as CEO.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yikes. I didn't realize it was that bad. I was hoping he could fill in on wing, and be mediocre defensively while also being productive.

Consider Stammer gets much of his PP production doing the same exact thing as Thompson but with Kucherov (and to an extent Point) handling the cross-seam setups. He's not going to be getting that from the RW half-boards in Buffalo. And then where does Thompson go?

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Not a single good free agent is even being rumored to come to Buffalo. Forget playoffs - at this point I’m wondering if Adams can even put together a full 23-man roster.

We’re probably going to be the youngest team in the league, yet again, with no playoff hopes.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Friedman predicting Lindholm and Zadorov to the Bruins.

Lawd. Florida, a revamped Boston, Tampa swapping Guentzel/Stamkos (needs to replace Sergachev though), Ottawa adding Ullmark and looking to do more, Detroit out hunting.

Getting into the top 8 is going to be a f***ing meat grinder, even if we improve significantly.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Not a single good free agent is even being rumored to come to Buffalo. Forget playoffs - at this point I’m wondering if Adams can even put together a full 23-man roster.

We’re probably going to be the youngest team in the league, yet again, with no playoff hopes.
If it wasn't for the drought and already slow process of improvement this would be a year to focus on development for me. We're not catching the playoff teams until we make a big splash and you have to wait for those to be available.
I think this summer will be the nail in the coffin for Adams at least.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Im good with that. As you said, if theyre going to get a top-9C or a top-6 forward- do it via trade. I'd be happy with a 4th line winger and a top-9 winger that's hard to play against. Then, go hunting for a top-9 C, and make an offer that's hard to say no to like they did for Beck. We may losr yhe trade, but it's about making the team better.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
It’s tough to be the Sabres. Between NTCs, eastern conference “rivals,” incompatible star signs, and guys who just don’t want to be fully bought in on Buffalo, there’s only one player in the league who they actually can trade for

You guessed it, Jimmy Vesey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad