GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
If we keep signing guys, I'm not sure where they'd all play unless we make a couple trades.

If players still want to sign here, I would look at it as top-grading. You let them compete in camp and only keep the guys who performed the best. The rest get waived.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
If we keep signing guys, I'm not sure where they'd all play unless we make a couple trades.

I'd think they would have totally fair training camp and the ones who did not make the team would be demoted...

Well anyway they should still sign them just so they have too many player to sign anyone else.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
If players still want to sign here, I would look at it as top-grading. You let them compete in camp and only keep the guys who performed the best. The rest get waived.

Pretty much.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

I'd think they would have totally fair training camp and the ones who did not make the team would be demoted...

Well anyway they should still sign them just so they have too many player to sign anyone else.

Yeah but it leaves zero room for rookies, and unless you're getting all of these guys for under $950k, you're carrying cap from their contract while they skate in the minors.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
I'm still aiming for "build a team that's good but not talented enough to win with any consistency".

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
The direction in which this team is going is still a mystery, and if anything, that's my complaint of the offseason

This.

I'm mostly upset the big changes have not occurred yet but glad they are not giving players away. I really wish AV was fired.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Sean Hartnett ‏@HartnettHockey 6m6 minutes ago

Does Lee Stempniak get a free sub now that he's signed for his 10th team in the Canes? #SubmarineCaptain

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
This.

I'm mostly upset the big changes have not occurred yet but glad they are not giving players away. I really wish AV was fired.

Nobody (rightfully) wants to acknowledge this but we could go into next year with the same damn core with nothing changed. It's actually pretty likely.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Kris Russell making literally anything over 2 mill is a fireable offense imo.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Yeah but it leaves zero room for rookies, and unless you're getting all of these guys for under $950k, you're carrying cap from their contract while they skate in the minors.

Well, that would be the plan, yes. Gerbe is already under that number.

And what rookies? Buchnevich and Hrivik are our only two real possiblity, and if Buch can't beat out a player like Grabner, he needs some AHL time anyway.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Nobody (rightfully) wants to acknowledge this but we could go into next year with the same damn core with nothing changed. It's actually pretty likely.

Yeah and I'll have to convince myself the deals weren't there to avoid getting unecessarily angry.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Well then the biggest "acquisition" would be a healthy and productive Nash and Stepan.

I guess, but then we'd be either embarrassed in the 1st round or out of the playoffs.

Pick your poison.

Well, that would be the plan, yes. Gerbe is already under that number.

And what rookies? Buchnevich and Hrivik are our only two real possiblity, and if Buch can't beat out a player like Grabner, he needs some AHL time anyway.

Jensen too I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad