BRUINS GDT Free Agent Frenzy - July 1 NOON (ET) - ESPN+, TSN, SN

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Essensa has been the goalie coach since 2003. We have three deferent goalies with Vezina trophies and a Swayman who might be on his way for one. He is my most trusted member of the organization. Results don’t lie.
i even recall Toivenen looking pretty good until he got hurt (ankle?) and then never really getting back to where he had been

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
And they have made attempts to get bigger up front in recent years, they have generally blown up in their face, Foligno, Backers. Belesky

This year they really committed.
Sure, bigger but not involved and IMO not as tough as the guys he's brought in since the TDL. You can add the Ritchie brothers to your group of rethreads.
Foligno was tough but a bit too civilized and at the end of all of your examples careers. These guys are young, tough, and play with an edge. Not washed up
damaged battlers.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Love the signings. My one issue is I would like to get a forward to play in the top six that has some jam and toughness. Bennett and Tkachuk are in the top 6. They were imposing on the top lines on the way to a cup win.

Maybe controversial but I think the Bruins should pay no attention to those two guys. Take care of business early in the year but they cant fall into their trap every time they play them, especially in the playoffs

They need to focus on their other guys.

I want to see Zadorov lining up Barkov, Frederic hitting Lundell every time he touches the puck, McAvoy laying out Reinhart again

They need to find a way to get those two guys off their game by getting mad at our guys. Trying to go toe to toe with them just doesn't work.

If you think about it Bennet fought Lindholm and Tkachuk fought Pasta for their first fights ever. We have a lot of guys that can go now too, I'd love to see them go after their teams non-fighters and see how they like it.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
No, don't know where that came from, but you don't need to have an account to read postings here, who knows.
Sweeney seemingly switched up on the type of players he went shopping for.
Huge change in direction for the franchise.
The change has been happening gradually if u look at the D men he has drafted last few seasons regardless of round picked .

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Maybe controversial but I think the Bruins should pay no attention to those two guys. Take care of business early in the year but they cant fall into their trap every time they play them, especially in the playoffs

They need to focus on their other guys.

I want to see Zadorov lining up Barkov, Frederic hitting Lundell every time he touches the puck, McAvoy laying out Reinhart again

They need to find a way to get those two guys off their game by getting mad at our guys. Trying to go toe to toe with them just doesn't work.

If you think about it Bennet fought Lindholm and Tkachuk fought Pasta for their first fights ever. We have a lot of guys that can go now too, I'd love to see them go after their teams non-fighters and see how they like it.
My issue is we need a guy to play on the top lines to play hard against top players like Barkoff. You can’t just have tough D men

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
My issue is we need a guy to play on the top lines to play hard against top players like Barkoff. You can’t just have tough D men

Lindholm is built for that role. Beyond that they probably will match up the 3rd line a lot to that first line

Barkov is a unicorn there just are very few top line players who can physically match up with him

Reactions: Bocephus86

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I was wondering if they'e invite JVR back to camp on a PTO. He had an OK season.
With a 20-30 game cap I don’t think it’s the worst idea. I’d make it clear to him that he was the 14th or 15th option at best. But I like a short-term veteran option in case the kids don’t thrive or injuries come up. If he plays after the trade deadline I think it’s safe to say things aren’t going as planned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad