BRUINS GDT Free Agent Frenzy - July 1 NOON (ET) - ESPN+, TSN, SN

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Why are we blaming Geekie? Geekie had as many goals as Coyle, Zacha and Beecher combined.

He wasn’t intended to be a top 6 player but zacha was playing so poorly he got demoted to the 3rd line in favor of Geekie.

If zacha came even remotely close to doing his job even slightly, Geekie wouldn’t have been forced into a top 6 role.

Certainly not blaming. Concerned if the plan is Geekie in the top 6 this season. 3rd line is ideal.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Same PPG average and a better plus/minus than Coyle and Zacha in 23/24 despite spending most of the season playing for crappy Ottawa. And only 32 years old. If that's 'washed' then fill the tub, turn on the bubbles and get the sponges ready Cotton, I'm going in.
Ok then why do we need him at 4m for how many years?

Yes he's washed, I don't care what his stats say. Totally invisible vs the Bruins in the playoffs total non factor but sure lets bring him on with his 4m cap hit lol

PTO sure,

Why does Peeke + Korpi cost 5.75mil on the cap? Ugh.
Why do we need to keep seeing posts like this? Get over it

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

Yes he's washed, I don't care what his stats say. Totally invisible vs the Bruins in the playoffs total non factor but sure lets bring him on with his 4m cap hit lol

PTO sure,

Cherry picking. Could just as easily and more importantly state that he was very much visible against the Oilers when the actual Cup was on the line. Impactful player in games 2 & 3 in particular which the Panthers won. Florida had the luxury of putting him on their 3rd line to give them great forward depth, just like the Bruins did with Hall in 2023, and it paid off. Was never going to produce as much playing that role and reduced minutes, but he did his bit and got a 2nd Cup for it.

I actually don't want him on the Bruins. Never said I did. Don't think he's the right fit for us. I just disagree that he's washed up. He's past his peak, but if you're still going at over .700 PPG and getting head-hunted by the best team in the league, I think you've still got something to offer. Is it enough to justify $4.75 AAV? Don't know. But he's only 32 and on a two-year deal. Not like Detroit are going out on a limb thinking he's far from cooked.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
What is Phil the thrill Kessel up to these days? I hear there’s a hotdog eating contest in NY today maybe Sweeney take the ride down 95 & check in on him

You beat me to it!!!
:laugh: But really... What is up with him? I was really surprised no one picked him up last season.

Bs did well last year with Heinen on PTO.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Cherry picking. Could just as easily and more importantly state that he was very much visible against the Oilers when the actual Cup was on the line. Impactful player in games 2 & 3 in particular which the Panthers won. Florida had the luxury of putting him on their 3rd line to give them great forward depth, just like the Bruins did with Hall in 2023, and it paid off. Was never going to produce as much playing that role and reduced minutes, but he did his bit and got a 2nd Cup for it.

I actually don't want him on the Bruins. Never said I did. Don't think he's the right fit for us. I just disagree that he's washed up. He's past his peak, but if you're still going at over .700 PPG and getting head-hunted by the best team in the league, I think you've still got something to offer. Is it enough to justify $4.75 AAV? Don't know. But he's only 32 and on a two-year deal. Not like Detroit are going out on a limb thinking he's far from cooked.
Funny you accuse me of cherry picking but here you are cherry picking, plus I assumed this dribble meant you would have liked him on the B's

"And only 32 years old. If that's 'washed' then fill the tub, turn on the bubbles and get the sponges ready Cotton, I'm going in"

In the end I still think he's done and no way is he worth that contract,

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
:laugh: But really... What is up with him? I was really surprised no one picked him up last season.

Bs did well last year with Heinen on PTO.
14 goals 36 points in 2022-23 with only 12 mins of ice time in Vegas. Could be his lack of work ethic?

I envision Phil a Bruin on home ice in the Finals scoring the Cup clinching goal & Boston fans breakout into a “Thank you Kessel!” chant as he takes a lap around the Garden with the Cup hoisted above him..

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
He might have been a HOF if Bruins don't blow 2019 and 2023 (mostly injuries that year), if he has 3 maybe 4 cups then maybe.

He's 197th on the all tie point list, how high would be have had to get to be a hall of famer? Do you think he would have been an MVP candidate elsewhere? Had more playoff success? He probably needed another 2-300 points, and maybe another cup or two to be a serious candidate
I mean he had HOF teammates that were wingers that he NEVER played with. Jagr and Pasternak is almost ridiculous and I’m not sure if him and Marchand knew each others names they were on the ice together that rarely. Savard doesn’t get hurt he isn’t even 1C that year... But a career Bruin never wore another sweater he’s the one whose jersey retirement I look forward to the most.

JDB probably goes in a hockey trade for a good return if the 2015 draft fiasco wasn’t so embarrassing/pathetic.

That’s pretty accurate 200 points short with 1 more Cup or huge season.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

PTO sure,

Peeke is the recipient of "whipping boy" syndrome. They have to have someone to
nitpick on. Too many "get-a-life(ers)"

Who is "he?"

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
So, is the Free Agency honeymoon over and some are going back to debating and arguing? Priceless, maybe we need a cooling off period (July 5th shutdown).

Sweeney did an excellent job (IMO) in the free agency period and the draft.
No need to nitpick it to death.
He was totally hamstrung with the Ullmark trade but he did what he had to do
to get back into the first round.
I'm not a fan of the Korpi addition but Kastelic may be a gig acquisition.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Funny you accuse me of cherry picking but here you are cherry picking, plus I assumed this dribble meant you would have liked him on the B's

"And only 32 years old. If that's 'washed' then fill the tub, turn on the bubbles and get the sponges ready Cotton, I'm going in"

In the end I still think he's done and no way is he worth that contract,

Obviously it's also cherry picking. That's the point. It's so easy to do, and means so little.

And nope. But come now, you meant to call it drivel right? At least insult my writing properly!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad