BRUINS GDT Free Agent Frenzy - July 1 NOON (ET) - ESPN+, TSN, SN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Must say as someone who's complained in the past about Sweeney not leaving enough room for kids to get opportunities, and often signing overpriced vets instead while he's at it, he's done a good job of leaving that space this year, especially up front.

It may turn out we'll need to add down the road, especially in the top 6, but at least guys like Lysell and Merkulov look like they're going to get their chances to shine alongside Poitras and Lohrei. Good to see.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I’ll again take the position that while I like both signings, I’m not sure how much better we are.

Geekie or whomever stands in for JDB is not as good, and the backup goalie is a total stiff. The upgrade at 2C (yes 2, EL is not a 1) is very good, as is the upgrade at 3LD, but I’m not sure it nets out as some “great day”.

It’s a decent offseason. It would have been a lot better if DS hadn’t blown the Ullmark deal and had filled 2RW with the extra money.
Can't say Sweeney blew that deal till we see how that Dean Latroneau( excuse spelling) turns out.That trade could be bad or a homerun later.People will say taking on Korpisalo we should have gotten more but 3 million for a former starter to be a backup is not so bad in today's game I guess. Bob might help him alot & we will find out

Reactions: Gordoff

Stu Pidassle

Feb 7, 2013
Boston North Shore
I can’t say enough nice things about todays signings other than not signing Stamkos. I would have a Homemade Stamkos jersey already had they signed him.

We got us a center and a bone-crunching defensman. The best change is that we are 100 times tougher than we were a week ago. I would still sign Maroon, however. I’m probably the only fan of the Kastelic trade, but it was a good move minus taking back all the salary. We will hope goalie Bob can work his magic

Overall a great day. This assures we win next year.
I'm sorry, I don't believe in Maroon. No sense paying for a tough guy who asks to fight. A real tough guy punches Bennett's face in and then asks "was that wrong?".

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'm sorry, I don't believe in Maroon. No sense paying for a tough guy who asks to fight. A real tough guy punches Bennett's face in and then asks "was that wrong?".
Zaddy won’t ask questions first

This team has had a remarkable identity shift this offseason. Good luck to Berube and Maurice if they want to try their bullshit.

Last edited:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Yea, I am glad to shed Maroon.Guys like Veil one call up away is nice and Zadorov can throw em for sure

Zaddy won’t ask questions first

This team has a remarkable identity shift this offseason. Good luck to Berube and Maurice if they want to try their bullshit.
That Bennett still has it coming regardless.That punch has to be dealt with in their very 1st meeting.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Happy with all the B’s moves today

Lost a lot of dead weight (although, thanks to them all! It was time to move on from all their ufas) and filled it with some pretty nice pieces.

Maroon I’m happy is gone. Guy was all talk.

Get Sway signed. Into leaving a top 6 rw hole for one of the kids to try to take. Hopefully they seize the opportunity

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
Why Dangle Beecher? Young Center, plays defense. fastest skater on the team. Played well as a rookie, and has growth potential. Sure if someone offers a great asset you have to consider it, but no need to deal him
Gotta give to get, and that McGroarty kid is good. Would probably need to be a better player than Beecher going the other way tbh.

Well it could be hindsight or part of the plan but these signings are certainly a reason the Ullmark deal needed to be done despite a lackluster return
Only problem is that Korpisalo contract is currently preventing them from signing a scoring winger

Reactions: sarge88 and Gordoff

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
At the end of the day it's always is the team better than it was before free agency or worse? Sometimes it's debatable. This year it seems so extreme how could anyone debate it? We are clearly better. MUCH better.
You guys just wait, Zadorov is the Bruin you've all been waiting for.

Assuming Swayman gets signed and plays to the same level as last year I think we can beat Florida now. We can beat anybody.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I
Gotta give to get, and that McGroarty kid is good. Would probably need to be a better player than Beecher going the other way tbh.
Only problem is that Korpisalo contract is currently preventing them from signing a scoring winger
Freddy or Geekie and saves $$$ on the Cap!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m right here as well

Attachments

• IMG_7068.png
    IMG_7068.png
    379.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7069.png
    IMG_7069.png
    364.6 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Dr Hook and sarge88

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Zacha-EL-Pasta
Marchand-Poitras-Geekie
Freddie-Coyle-Lysell
Beecher-Kastelic-Brazzeau
Merk
Jones

I like Boqvist but they are going heavy & Merkulov needs to play

Heinen leaving sucks - what he brought was invaluable my one issue add him and they roll

DeBrusk was going in hindsight & they swap out with EL & put Zacha at wing where I like him better

They got about 250 days to trade deadline to see how it works

The D healthy being coached by Jay Leach should be very good

Get Sway in 7-8.5 M

And should be able to grab a playoff spot home Ice round 1

Reactions: Gordoff and Ladyfan

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
I bet they sign someone to a 2 mil dollar deal up front. Lots of guys out there still and one will panic but regardless does not look bad at all.
I'm still looking at Cam Atkinson and wondering if he's still got some gas in the tank. Bought out so may not ask for much on his next deal. He's a scorer, has a 40-goal season (18/19), and played at BC before going to Columbus. If he's willing to take a $1M deal or something like that he could be a solid add that can be buried if he's really cooked.

Downside is that he's really small (listed at 5'8''), but at least used to have good wheels.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad