BRUINS GDT Free Agent Frenzy - July 1 NOON (ET) - ESPN+, TSN, SN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
like all families there will be disagreements, but let someone from another team pick on him and we would both get game misconducts hahah
No offense Lou, but I’m jumping behind the other guy first lol.

Look - I’m not the guy who wants everyone to be huge and tough. I think skill and speed win - great if it comes with toughness. I think Zadorov floors as third pair and I hope he’s there ASAP because that means Lohrei goes where I think he will.

I think Lindholm is scarier with that money and term, but at worst he’s an overpriced 3C that takes over for Coyle.

We’ve left room for Poitras, Beecher, and one of Lysell/Merkulov - which is something the Bruins haven’t done a lot of recently.

I’ll be pulling for all these guys just as much as you guys.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
like all families there will be disagreements, but let someone from another team pick on him and we would both get game misconducts hahah

100%, I once got ejected over a game sheet being incorrectly filled out, bet your bottom dollar I’m dropping them if someone comes after our resident analytics nerd, and then he’d dismiss my value as a player

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Yo who signed hawk-anpaa

IMG_5580.jpeg

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Absolutely fair.

But, as we all know the July expected lineup is always very different from the April one.

Sadly, injuries happen, guys play better/worse than expected.

I’m just happy to see a team that is better equipped to be the bully than the victim.

Maybe Lysell and/or Merkulov finally stick and produce.

Either way,,…I’m way more excited about next season today, than I was last week.

Yeah, fully agree. I think the roster is in a decent place, and on balance a better place than this time last year except in net. Plenty of unknowns to play out as you say. This is just my assessment of where it stands right now and ths sorts of issues that might need to be addressed going forwards.

It's not a slam dunk Cup contender - few are at this point - but it's not miles away. How close they can get to being the real deal as the season unfolds we'll see. Still a little uncertain about Lindholm but more than willing to give him a chance and hope for the best. Consider me cautiously optimistic!

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
No offense Lou, but I’m jumping behind the other guy first lol.

Look - I’m not the guy who wants everyone to be huge and tough. I think skill and speed win - great if it comes with toughness. I think Zadorov floors as third pair and I hope he’s there ASAP because that means Lohrei goes where I think he will.

I think Lindholm is scarier with that money and term, but at worst he’s an overpriced 3C that takes over for Coyle.

We’ve left room for Poitras, Beecher, and one of Lysell/Merkulov - which is something the Bruins haven’t done a lot of recently.

I’ll be pulling for all these guys just as much as you guys.
I’m going to live in the present and not get emotional over 2031 Bruins cap issue

Boqvist gone to Florida - excellent move

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Elias Lindholm 6'1 202
Nikita Zadorov 6'6 248
Max Jones 6'3 216
Riley Tufte 6'6 230
Cole Koepke 6'1 203
Jordan Oesterle 6' 187
Bill Sweezey 6'1 206
Jeffrey Viel 6'2 205

Dean Letourneau 6'7 210
Elliot Groenewald 6'2 200

Seems like the writing has been on the wall all along and I'm here for the shift in this team. Debrusk, Gryz, Heinen, Boqvist gone as well as the $ store players that were serviceable. My favorite parts about all of this would be they have their identity back, leaving space for Lysell, Mekulov etc to show what you got. Then it's time to move on if not. Will love Lindholm playing similar to Bergeron and Zadorov similar to Big Z. Hitting and fighting do seem to have a place still huh who would have thunk it?! 😉

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I’m going to live in the present and not get emotional over 2031 Bruins cap issue

Boqvist gone to Florida - excellent move
It's funny I was texting w someone before and said I don't care about money anymore, just going to watch like when I was a kid and not worry about that, let them figure it out hah

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Six years from now when McAvoy, Lindholm and Zadorov all expire at the same time is going to be an interesting offseason.
I would expect at least one of them will not make it to year 6,, maybe 2. I hope that is because just like Edwards, and others bang on the door and force room created

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
The guy just put up 60 points in the exact same role. Those are close to Bergeron/Krecji type numbers. It's not the most ideal spot for him but the way you're talking is he's completely ineffective where he is, which isn't true. Can always add at the trade deadline.
It's not so much the regular season that concerns me, it the playoffs. Coyle's playoff offensive display left me without words. I have said this before... i like Coyle's game he just is not best suited for the top six center position. He's not bad, not a liability, he just doesn't create.

Playoffs, he got over-matched because playoffs are about matchups and adjustments. Not his fault, I credit him for keeping pace. But in that scenario any offense was negated.

I hope he grows from his regular season success last year and has another banner year. His wingers contributed a lot to his point totals, but some might argue those same wingers numbers were down last year.

There is also the very real possibility that opponents will adjust more this year after seeing him in that roll and his production will regress.

I would just feel so much better with an established true offensive playmaking center on the second line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad