BRUINS GDT Free Agent Frenzy - July 1 NOON (ET) - ESPN+, TSN, SN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Since I criticized Sweeney for every jot and tittle, credit where due:

Clearly, the last three seasons the Bruins have been drafting for size. They're defensive court now boasts mostly guys over six feet if not 623 or 4 and in the case of Lori and Carlos 65.

This draft again reflects the prioritizing of size and dare I say toughness as well. That's a good thing. That's a good trend. I'll take it. Speech to text.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Zadorov is not 1st pairing defenceman... Idealy he is playing 3rd pairing /forbort replacement
Exactly. Scary to pay $5,000,000 on a Forbert replacement.

Unless you are moving Hampus in a trade for a C this will not age well. Happy to be proven wrong but again, watched him a lot this year and live throughout the playoffs when he doubled his salary.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Since I criticized Sweeney for every jot and tittle, credit where due:

Clearly, the last three seasons the Bruins have been drafting for size. They're defensive court now boasts mostly guys over six feet if not 623 or 4 and in the case of Lori and Carlos 65.

This draft again reflects the prioritizing of size and dare I say toughness as well. That's a good thing. That's a good trend. I'll take it. Speech to text.
Most who hate Sweeney would never give him any credit, so kudos for you on that. He's definitely aiming to build something different here, might be the first year in a while we have no D under 6 foot.

Reactions: GordonHowe

ylekot

Still evaluating..
Feb 2, 2010
Paxton Massachusetts
Exactly. Scary to pay $5,000,000 on a Forbert replacement.

Unless you are moving Hampus in a trade for a C this will not age well. Happy to be proven wrong but again, watched him a lot this year and live throughout the playoffs when he doubled his salary.
Im alright with a Forbert and Lucic / Maroon replacement for 5 mil and I think that what you could get with Zadorov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad