BRUINS GDT Free Agent Frenzy - July 1 NOON (ET) - ESPN+, TSN, SN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Is there a reason for this weirdness. Does doing it this way help with the cap. I didn’t think it would but there has to be a reason it’s structured this way
doesn't affect the cap at all. it gives guentzel an assload of upfront money, which i assume players and other humans would like.
and bonus contracts are always tougher to buy out, they end up way more punitive to the team.

Reactions: mar2kbos

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Is there a reason for this weirdness. Does doing it this way help with the cap. I didn’t think it would but there has to be a reason it’s structured this way

I could be completely wrong, but might have to do with taxes. Players get taxed different for away games and this might ensure that most of the money he makes is taxed in accordance with florida tax rates.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

No. The cap is always AAV.
But what it does is guarantee $$$$$ in case of lockout and make him much less desirable to other teams if the time comes. Those balloon payments. And a biggie is signing bonuses are excluded from any future buyouts.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
buyout and lockout protection, notice which year is not 1mil salary. team wants some guarantee if there is a lockout they arent on hook for 9 mil.

Reactions: mar2kbos

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I could be completely wrong, but might have to do with taxes. Players get taxed different for away games and this might ensure that most of the money he makes is taxed in accordance with florida tax rates.
I doubt states are using Florida tax rates as a means to tax players. It just isnt equal.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
so who is the guy(s) they are signing to score goals? or add speed? it appears lindholm and zadorov are the additions.

lose debrusk, lose lauko, lose boqvist. that's goals/speed and speed and speed. they needed a goal scorer with debrusk
in the mix, so that stands to reason that they'll now need 2.

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
Sooo Zadorov and Lindholm based on rumors?

Zacha - Lindholm - Pastrnak
Marchand - Poitras? - Geekie?
Frederic - Coyle - Brazeau?
Beecher - Kastelic - Lettieri?

Lindholm - McAvoy
Zadorov - Carlo
Lohrei - Peeke
Wotherspoon

Swayman
Korpisalo

I don't see the speed increase. I do see height lol

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
so who is the guy(s) they are signing to score goals? or add speed? it appears lindholm and zadorov are the additions.

lose debrusk, lose lauko, lose boqvist. that's goals/speed and speed and speed. they needed a goal scorer with debrusk
They are going to be slower. No doubt about that.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

I think Lysell is going to be a factor here and he's really fast. Kastelic is also miles faster then Maroon, that's all I've got.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad