BRUINS GDT Free Agent Frenzy - July 1 NOON (ET) - ESPN+, TSN, SN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
2024 NHL free agent rankings: Top 25 players to watch when free agency opens

“The July NHL free agency signing period has the potential to be extremely busy.

First, the salary cap will significantly increase — the NHL announced this month that it will rise from $83.5 million to $88 million — so there is more money to spend.

But there also are a lot of players available. Because the salary cap had only modest increases in recent years due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many veteran players had opted for one-year deals last summer.

The unrestricted free agent signing period opens at noon on Monday. Here's an early look at the top players who could be available:“
Other than the obvious dude's ... we may end up with any of the following...

Always hated playing against the following D...so a good thing for Boston
Montour
Skjei
Roy

I thought the following 2 dudes were awesome for the oilers...
Foegele
Henrique

If I had to pick 2. Montour and Foegele

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Signing zadorov for anything over 4x4 is a mistake and will prevent future moves. With that said I fully expect them to do just that and force us to either trade Carlo in the future or prevent us from having room to sign a winger like marchessault.

My favorite time of year where every single player brought in is awesome or terrible.
Not if Sweeney signs them , only the later

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
$24 million.

Spend wisely

Bruins Cap.PNG

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Not sure how Carolina gets a 3 rd for Guentzel’s rights but Sweeney gets nothing for DeBrusk’s rights. Come on Sweeney you need to be better. He gave Linus and Lauko away for next to nothing as well. Not impressed.
Because there's substantially higher demand for Guentzel. UFA rights typically don't get traded before 7/1 unless a team really really really wants a guy.

Reactions: shelbysdad

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
My favorite day of the year.

I think I love the team building and salary cap management more than watching the games themselves at this point, at least during the regular season.

Just a hunch, but I think they pony up for a center and play Zacha on the wing. Hope that Poitras develops into a permanent top 6 option.

But I also wonder if they’d move one of Zacha or Coyle.

Reactions: UConn126

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I guess toronto could theoretically give him permission to start looking around if they came to the mutual decision that he’s not returning

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
$24 million.

Spend wisely

View attachment 890455
Looking at the D.

You’ve locked your big pieces up with McAvoy and Lindholm.

I stay away from the next $3-4m veteran D that eventually gets bought out or packaged with a pick to move the money out.

Give Lorhei a crack.
Go find the next Wotherspoon and Shattenkirk in free agency for one year at $1m.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad