BRUINS GDT Free Agent Frenzy - July 1 NOON (ET) - ESPN+, TSN, SN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Pretty sure a lot of people saw a Hertl move coming.
'I'm not signing longterm here in Edmonton.'

'Okay, thank you for letting me know. Can you please give me a list of where you will waive to go to and also sign longterm with and tell NO ONE for the next 72 hours?'

'Sure.'

Pretty sure a lot of people saw a Hertl move coming.

Key word is stunning in all the titles.

Reactions: Gordoff

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
It's not the money that's preventing them from getting a top line center it's who's available Lindholm is a #2 center at best you would have to trade but you'd have to give up a very important piece on your roster which we don't have many of so it's still a very difficult position to be in if I were them I'd have to spend it on some wingers to complement pasta
Like I posted earlier, we didn't see Hertl moving until it was done. Every year there's a trade out of left field that catches everyone off guard.

Sadly for us, the last two that the Bruins were in on were Seguin and Thornton.

Not sure how Carolina gets a 3 rd for Guentzel’s rights but Sweeney gets nothing for DeBrusk’s rights. Come on Sweeney you need to be better. He gave Linus and Lauko away for next to nothing as well. Not impressed.

No one wants to sign DeBrusk for 8 years, that's why. It's the only reason to trade for him in this case as he'll likely get the same ballpark offers from all teams July 1st and has made it clear to the agents and teams that he wants to test July 1st.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Stephenson- 5x5.5m
Zadorov- 5x5m
Stamkos- 4x5m
Maroon- 1x1m
Swayman- 8x7m

Zacha-Stephenson-Pastrnak
Marchand-Poitras-Stamkos
Frederic-Coyle-Geekie
Beecher-Kastelic-Brazeau
Maroon

Zadorov-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke
Wotherspoon

Swayman
Korpisalo

Oh man are you gonna be disappointed with Zadorov in your top four. Lindholm is miles better and so is Lohrei already.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
'I'm not signing longterm here in Edmonton.'

'Okay, thank you for letting me know. Can you please give me a list of where you will waive to go to and also sign longterm with and tell NO ONE for the next 72 hours?'

'Sure.'

Key word is stunning in all the titles.

People have been predicting the Sharks trading Hertl for at least one season prior to him finally leaving. It was only " stunning " when he went to the Knights because most thought Vegas wouldn't be able to afford another big splash. But leading up to that, Hertl leaving had been talked about and discussed a lot in hockey circles, including HF.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
People have been predicting the Sharks trading Hertl for at least one season prior to him finally leaving. It was only " stunning " when he went to the Knights because most thought Vegas wouldn't be able to afford another big splash. But leading up to that, Hertl leaving had been talked about and discussed a lot in hockey circles, including HF.
No one that day or the week before was talking Hertl at that trade deadline though. I agree that many of us thought he'd ask for a trade this summer seeing the rebuild writing on the walls but when that last hour hit, it caught the entire hockey world off guard.

My point is, I'd say there has been just as much smoke around Draisaitl, Couturier, Zegras, Necas, Laine, etc. that could be moved tomorrow and we would be caught off guard.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
No one that day or the week before was talking Hertl at that trade deadline though. I agree that many of us thought he'd ask for a trade this summer seeing the rebuild writing on the walls but when that last hour hit, it caught the entire hockey world off guard.

My point is, I'd say there has been just as much smoke around Draisaitl, Couturier, Zegras, Necas, Laine, etc. that could be moved tomorrow and we would be caught off guard.

I'm not sure if we would be caught off guard if Necas or Laine gets traded.

Reactions: Coach Parker

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I know Zadorov has some trouble in his own zone and people are rightly concerned about that (and I am one). To that I also say that if Sweeney signs him, it will be because he believes Zado will benefit from Boston’s defensive structure and coaching- in other words, there are things that can be worked with and improved upon. Otherwise, my bet is that Sweeney wouldn’t even make an offer, Zado’s other qualities notwithstanding.

Reactions: CDJ and Gordoff

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Me too. Get all my info at once.

That's the plan. Can't believe I only just realised that's a quokka in your profile pic :laugh:

1719823010984.png

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
2024 NHL free agent rankings: Top 25 players to watch when free agency opens

“The July NHL free agency signing period has the potential to be extremely busy.

First, the salary cap will significantly increase — the NHL announced this month that it will rise from $83.5 million to $88 million — so there is more money to spend.

But there also are a lot of players available. Because the salary cap had only modest increases in recent years due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many veteran players had opted for one-year deals last summer.

The unrestricted free agent signing period opens at noon on Monday. Here's an early look at the top players who could be available:“

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00