BRUINS GDT Free Agent Frenzy - July 1 NOON (ET) - ESPN+, TSN, SN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Sign Sway to 7.5x8 today so you know where your at tomorrow. Hope sway ain't asking for 10
Obviously no announcement has been made, but I would be surprised if the Bruins didn’t have something in place with him, or at the very least a general idea of the ball park figure.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
That’s a little too much in my opinion
To me it's an oh well. Team is winning nothing with the centers they currently have. They need a major upgrade and if they need to pay more thems the breaks. I can't sit through another 82 knowing ultimately I am going to have to rely on 13 and 18 as my top 2 centers (3 goals between them last 40 play-off games combined). when they play for real.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
both can happen and both can be justifiable IMO.
Bingo.

One thing I always try to remind others of, especially when I see “we couldn’t beat that?”, is that not every team gets the same deal.

One guy might take less for a variety of reasons to go to point A. He may be willing to go to point B, but only for more money.

This goes for trades as well, not every team gets the same deal.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
To me it's an oh well. Team is winning nothing with the centers they currently have. They need a major upgrade and if they need to pay more thems the breaks. I can't sit through another 82 knowing ultimately I am going to have to rely on 13 and 18 as my top 2 centers (3 goals between them last 40 play-off games combined). when they play for real.

This is true but id rather go after Stephenson and teraveinen.

Get me Sway/stephenson/tervaneinen for a combined $19-$20m and whatever’s left over throw at the best LHD on the market

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Adam Boqvist is hitting waivers and will be bought out by CBJ if he clears. RHD with very good offesive abilities. #8OA back in 2018 and still just 23yrs old. Biggest concern is he struggles to stay healthy. He's also not overly big at 6'0 / 180lb.

• Wow
Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Obviously no announcement has been made, but I would be surprised if the Bruins didn’t have something in place with him, or at the very least a general idea of the ball park figure.
Ballpark idea for sure but if it was hammered out why wouldn't they say something. Leads me to think sway is asking high. Assuming for sure

Give me Little Big Z, what a beauty
5x4.75

Reactions: bbfan419 and CDJ

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Ballpark idea for sure but if it was hammered out why wouldn't they say something. Leads me to think sway is asking high. Assuming for sure

5x4.75
He’s and RFA, he will be extended a QA I’m sure. If you’re worried about an offer sheet Swayman would have to sign it. If he wants to be here than I can’t see him doing so.

As long as he’s signed by Camp it isn’t an issue. I know we all want it done, myself included.

Like I said for all we know it could be in place just not announced. I’m sure they know what they have to work with on Monday. There’s no rush.

Of course I could be completely wrong and negotiations are going poorly lol

Reactions: TobanWest

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
I have a feeling they understand a short term and moong term number and will go with one or the other depending on how the ball drops tomorrow through the week

Adam Boqvist is hitting waivers and will be bought out by CBJ if he clears. RHD with very good offesive abilities. #8OA back in 2018 and still just 23yrs old. Biggest concern is he struggles to stay healthy. He's also not overly big at 6'0 / 180lb.
Nate Schmidt being bought out too. Tons of dmen the bruins can pick from.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm not even going to get hyped up over any of the big names.

I expect we'll see JDB leave for a contract that half the board will go "WE COULDN'T MATCH THAT?" at and then Sweeney will sign 49-year old Stamkos and give him a NMC

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Just watch the highlights after if that is the C depth in Boston unless you enjoy 2-1 games and OT losses.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

Mad Dr Pepper

Jun 28, 2015
Quebec
Please, I mean PLEASE bring in offense. Our defense is alright but no one else than Pasta can score goals, especially with Debrusk gone, and as good as Pasta is, it's not that hard to focus your defense against 1 freaking player.

CMON!

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Please, I mean PLEASE bring in offense. Our defense is alright but no one else than Pasta can score goals, especially with Debrusk gone, and as good as Pasta is, it's not that hard to focus your defense against 1 freaking player.

CMON!
I agree would be going after offensive players,maybe leave a little cap space in case they want to pick up some help on D at the trade deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad