BRUINS GDT Free Agent Frenzy - July 1 NOON (ET) - ESPN+, TSN, SN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1719734693197.png

Reactions: Gee Wally

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Now the 'fun' begins.

The biggest lie EVERY NHL GM says is the goal is to win the Cup. The reality is the goal is a chance to play for the Cup come April.

The Atlantic for the past few years has been a division of haves and bottom feeders. The 3 teams with the longest playoff drought all come from the Atlantic but Detroit and Buffalo are getting closer as is Poutneville.

Tampa Bay 'could' be at the end of their run, Florida has been to the SCF the last 2 years and that will catch up to them, and Toronto is Toronto.

Are the Bruins still a Top 3 in the Atlantic? :dunno:

I'm not sure what to expect in the next 72 hours.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Now the 'fun' begins.

The biggest lie EVERY NHL GM says is the goal is to win the Cup. The reality is the goal is a chance to play for the Cup come April.

The Atlantic for the past few years has been a division of haves and bottom feeders. The 3 teams with the longest playoff drought all come from the Atlantic but Detroit and Buffalo are getting closer as is Poutneville.

Tampa Bay 'could' be at the end of their run, Florida has been to the SCF the last 2 years and that will catch up to them, and Toronto is Toronto.

Are the Bruins still a Top 3 in the Atlantic? :dunno:

I'm not sure what to expect in the next 72 hours.
The bottom hasn’t fallen out yet.

I’ve been expecting it to happen and calling for it long enough now, so now I’ll go the opposite and say they’ll do enough in free agency to push doomsday off for another season.

Whether they build a true contender or not? I dunno.

I don’t think the parity has ever been stronger in this league. The B’s have enough blocks to build around if they are smart in free agency.

As always, target the biggest fish and the bargain bin. Stay away from the middle tier guys who almost always get overpaid and for too long of term.

The wild card here is what Swayman gets paid.

I read Shesterkin wants almost $13m per.

So Swayman is worth what in comparison?

1719747369899.gif

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Is Sway hurting the Bruins chances in free agency in regards to the money he may or may not be asking for?

I hope its not the case or do we think Donny has a number and will stick to it?

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Get Lindholm and Zadorov and make it work this year. Those deals will look better when the cap is at 100 million and beyond.
Not a big fan of paying the amount Lindholm is rumored to be looking for.

Solid player yes but 8m? yikes.

Would be thrilled if we can get Zadorov, he instantly changes the culture back there.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Not a big fan of paying the amount Lindholm is rumored to be looking for.

Solid player yes but 8m? yikes.

Would be thrilled if we can get Zadorov, he instantly changes the culture back there.
I think we’re going to see most players getting big contracts this free agency many teams have money to spend and GM’s like to spend when they have it,and cap,expected to keep increasing.With Lindholm it’s the amount of years that concern me .

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Is Sway hurting the Bruins chances in free agency in regards to the money he may or may not be asking for?

I hope its not the case or do we think Donny has a number and will stick to it?
You would think it’s $6-8 range so only talking a couple of million , really surprised they haven’t gotten it done yet maybe length of contract is the problem, or possibly one or both aren’t in this window.If that’s the case this could drag on.

Someone is going to give Lindholm an awful deal. Hope it's not us.
I think he won’t be the only one who gets a deal we think is nuts ,these GM’s can be like sailors on leave when they have money to spend.lol

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
You would think it’s $6-8 range so only talking a couple of million , really surprised they haven’t gotten it done yet maybe length of contract is the problem, or possibly one or both aren’t in this window.If that’s the case this could drag on.
I think it gets done today to tomorrow am

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad