GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2024

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Schenn isn’t getting traded. They just re-signed Carrier so he’s not going anywhere either. Moving Fabbro and Glass free up 5 million, leaving 5.5 million n cap space. Of that 5.5 million in cap space, the RFA contracts of Parssinen, Tomasino, Stastney will hit the NHL cap and the RFA contracts of Del Gaizo and Wilsby could possibly hit the NHL cap. So yes mathematically impossible. Trotz isn’t going in to the season with zero cap space left, he’s clearly stated this point.
Yea I don’t think we add any outside players via trade unless they are going to the ahl. Glass and fabbro would be my choice but Novak could also be in there as well due to his cap hit. Another note I don’t want to see Novak on the 2nd line at all. Im just not a big fan of Novak. He just doesn’t bring much to a line if he’s not scoring goals. I just don’t think his 18 and almost 16 shooting percentage will continue.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Schenn isn’t getting traded. They just re-signed Carrier so he’s not going anywhere either. Moving Fabbro and Glass free up 5 million, leaving 5.5 million n cap space. Of that 5.5 million in cap space, the RFA contracts of Parssinen, Tomasino, Stastney will hit the NHL cap and the RFA contracts of Del Gaizo and Wilsby could possibly hit the NHL cap. So yes mathematically impossible. Trotz isn’t going in to the season with zero cap space left, he’s clearly stated this point.
Anything in hockey can be mathematically possible. Maybe we trade Novak or someone else. Plus Schenn is not untouchable lol. Just my two cents. Nothing is impossible. Plus retention on said new player. Less then 4 million in cap… easy

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Anything in hockey can be mathematically possible. Maybe we trade Novak or someone else. Plus Schenn is not untouchable lol. Just my two cents. Nothing is impossible. Plus retention on said new player. Less then 4 million in cap… easy
The thing to keep in mind is that it's not fantasy hockey. The Preds signed Schenn mostly for reasons that have nothing whatsoever to do with his ability to play hockey. So he's not getting moved, no matter what.

I expect Trotz is "done", save for whatever he has to do to get back under the Cap (throwing away Glass and/or Fabbro). But I'm not really expecting anything else. Just figure out a way to dump a contract or two, that's all we're going to see happen. And it's not going to result in a change to our default opening night lineup either way. :dunno:

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Yep and if frogs had wings they wouldn’t bump their ass on a he ground when they jump.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
The thing to keep in mind is that it's not fantasy hockey. The Preds signed Schenn mostly for reasons that have nothing whatsoever to do with his ability to play hockey. So he's not getting moved, no matter what.

I expect Trotz is "done", save for whatever he has to do to get back under the Cap (throwing away Glass and/or Fabbro). But I'm not really expecting anything else. Just figure out a way to dump a contract or two, that's all we're going to see happen. And it's not going to result in a change to our default opening night lineup either way. :dunno:
Just seems like a shame to have such a stacked roster but garbage RD’s…
I fail to see how a Schenn is untradable but I won’t argue it. I just feel he’s very movable. We have lots of leadership and aren’t reliant on him.

My whole point was @ShagDaddy said it’s “impossible” and that is laughable. It’s very possible but not likely. That’s all

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Just seems like a shame to have such a stacked roster but garbage RD’s…
I fail to see how a Schenn is untradable but I won’t argue it. I just feel he’s very movable. We have lots of leadership and aren’t reliant on him.

My whole point was @ShagDaddy said it’s “impossible” and that is laughable. It’s very possible but not likely. That’s all
He's not going anywhere because of things outside of his ability to play hockey. It's not impossible that Trotz moves him, but it is highly unlikely considering what Trotz did with McDonagh. We aren't Vegas.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
He's not going anywhere because of things outside of his ability to play hockey. It's not impossible that Trotz moves him, but it is highly unlikely considering what Trotz did with McDonagh. We aren't Vegas.
Outside of his hockey play?
Sorry I’m missing something here. Schenn is untradable? I don’t get it. Just because he’s a vet and played with Stamkos before?

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Outside of his hockey play?
Sorry I’m missing something here. Schenn is untradable? I don’t get it. Just because he’s a vet and played with Stamkos before?
You aren't listening or just refuse to comprehend. Schenn was brought here as much for intangibles as his hockey play. Trotz wants him around even if he's scratched frequently. Add to that he and his wife apparently played a key role in convincing Stammer to sign here, and in addition if he sucks that badly who will take him off our hands, and all of this together makes it very unlikely that Trotz moves Schenn.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
You aren't listening or just refuse to comprehend. Schenn was brought here as much for intangibles as his hockey play. Trotz wants him around even if he's scratched frequently. Add to that he and his wife apparently played a key role in convincing Stammer to sign here, and in addition if he sucks that badly who will take him off our hands, and all of this together makes it very unlikely that Trotz moves Schenn.
Finally an answer. Nobody explained that. Didn’t know he helped bring stammer here either. Only gotta say it once my friend.

Reactions: PredsV82

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Not sure how much this matters, but Schenn (and his wife) heavily recruited Stamkos (and his wife) to come here. Just another reason that I highly doubt Schenn is going anywhere anytime soon.

Finally an answer. Nobody explained that. Didn’t know he helped bring stammer here either. Only gotta say it once my friend.
Just because people don't respond directly to you doesn't mean it wasn't explained by someone else.

Not sure if you have access to X/Twitter but there's a lot of great resources on that platform that give information like this.

Reactions: Armourboy and hido

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad