GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Good thing is:

Nyquist contract expries at end of year which creates a spot for another winger.

Sissons contract expires in 2 years making room for svechkov.

Novak has a good movable contract should a younger winger pass him up but his contract is only 3 seasons

Glass is likely a bust

All the 4th line grinders are only for 2 more seasons. L'Heureux can easily start out down there and work his way up as spots open up. This seems like the proper place for Schaefer.

Tomasino and Pärssinen are in a make/break or trade year.

Weisblatt has 1 season and if good enough can push out one of the ever exchangable grinders.

L'Heureux, Schaefer, and Svechkov have 2 more seasons until having to pass through waivers. So timing wise it works out.

Kemell has 3 years as do most of the other for forward prospects of note.

Things seems to kindof work themselves out. Might create some choke points but it seems like the players in Milwaukee will be mostly staying there until they cant anymore

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
I think we still need some holes plugged especially at center and in defense but man, I think considering everything this is the way to go. They weren't ready to commit to a rebuild. so going for it was clearly the best choice.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
So can someone post where we are with Cap and Payroll? I am kind of lost with all of the signings and stuff. This is so new its like Christmas in July!

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
What a f***ing day

I still want to see Askarov moved for Pinto or someone like that. He's not going to help us win the Cup in the Josi Era and should have good value still. We also need a center now since we can't afford Stephenson.
We would have to include some players with caphit in order to get an extension in on Pinto. Someone like Novak or Nyquist.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
We would have to include some players with caphit in order to get an extension in on Pinto. Someone like Novak or Nyquist.
Don't want to get greedy but what the heck! Pinto would be a really good get! Something would have to go back since the Preds still have to sign some RFA's to fill out the roster.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
If this was the organizational strategy - go all in on a window for the next 3-4 years - hard to ask for a better July 1. Stamkos and March are somewhere between the 2 and 4th best forwards on the team, which should borderline solve our depth scoring issues. Skjei was the best Dman on the market today. I went from projecting us around 20th in the league to closer to 12th. Playoffs seem far more likely than not, though I still think we're a tier below Colorado and Dallas in the Central.

As others have said, massive upgrades without a single pick or prospect leaving. The only "future asset" we risked is our cap situation from 2026-2029, but if we can find a way to win a cup, no one will care or remember. And, silver lining to the crappy drafting of the last 2010s, no one looks poised to demand a huge raise in that time.

Reactions: LCPreds and bdub24

JD86

Feb 29, 2024
Stamkos takes faceoffs, but hasn't actually played the center position in quite a while as far as I know. He's already struggling some at even strength, I wouldn't want to move him back to center. Wouldn't really want to count on Novak either. It'll be interesting to see how the lineup shakes out.

This is going to be the oldest roster in the NHL next year. By a good bit too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad