GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
1719849497820.png

JD86

Feb 29, 2024
Glad to have a clear direction, I'm not sure it was the right choice, but it should be fun.

If the Carrier extension is true, they can't afford Stephenson and Skjei without moving salary.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
The age factor is certainly a risk but we just added two 40 goal scorers to the roster without having to trade any prospects. No idea if it all works out but even if it fails we should be set up well for a quick bottom out and bounce back if need be. I take back all my complaints about Barry (for now).

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Holy crap. Sitting at just around 83 million (19 man roster) now with Skjei, Stamkos, and Marchessault. All RFAs unsigned and using Askarov as the backup. Not sure where this is going but this is nuts

Reactions: weeze

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
checking in on all of the “play the youth” people. Y’all still breathing?
Forsberg stamkos Evangelista
Novak ror marchessault
Nyquist Parssinen Tomasino
Smith sissons McCarron/Jankowski

Josi Fabbro
Skjei lauzon
Stastney schenn

That's assuming no trades. A legit top 9 offense. Defense is interesting to see how that turns out.

3rd line could also be
L'Heureux Parssinen Nyquist

I think we will have a trade or two somewhere in there so this isnt a finished product. Alot of hand-wringing was caused by playing plugs and tweeners over young talent.

nullednumbed

Jun 27, 2022
Props to the guys who are pumped with these moves. I really hope they turn out. I will sit in the miority as someone with big reservations about them. Winning the offseason doesn't hold much water with me, However, at least we know without a doubt Trotz's plan that's for sure.
I was a play the youth guy because they need a rebuild. Granted, we did rebuild, but in a very different way.

Pretty incredible turn of events. All chips in the center, which is what I asked for. No middle of the road. Either go in or go out.

Reactions: Armourboy

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
What a f***ing day

I still want to see Askarov moved for Pinto or someone like that. He's not going to help us win the Cup in the Josi Era and should have good value still. We also need a center now since we can't afford Stephenson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad