GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
I don't think I have ever detested a franchise more than the Vegas Knights. The most gifted franchise in all of sports history from the start. Ugh. They will go to the Finals more in the first 5-6 years of their franchise than we will in the next 100 years.
That, too, but also they are willing to take risks like no one else. I admire them for that, and would like to see more teams (also us) to do more of the same.

I mean, they have traded all their history's 1st round picks for goodness sake.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Even after letting their UFAs walk and Lehner on LTIR, Vegas has just under 7 million in capspace and 19 contracts. I personally dont see how they could make a stamkos contract work unless they got a trade lined up for Karlsson, Barbashev, or Theodore
Vegas is insane - rumors even have them shopping Pietrangelo, apparently. If they want Stammer they'll make some off the wall trade to get it done. I think that's a terrible idea, but with them, you can't use logic and cap space to predict decisions :laugh:

Final ask - give me two defensemen, one of which is a true top 4, and either get me elite forward talent like Stammer/Marner, young guys with potential like Nylander, or stay the heck out entirely. Please don't sign more bottom sixers, especially to contracts with term.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Vegas is insane - rumors even have them shopping Pietrangelo, apparently. If they want Stammer they'll make some off the wall trade to get it done. I think that's a terrible idea, but with them, you can't use logic and cap space to predict decisions :laugh:

Final ask - give me two defensemen, one of which is a true top 4, and either get me elite forward talent like Stammer/Marner, young guys with potential like Nylander, or stay the heck out entirely. Please don't sign more bottom sixers, especially to contracts with term.
So theyre going to shop a 34 year old dman signed at 8.8 million for 3 more years and has a full NMC for the entirety of his contract? I guess.

So theyre going to shop a 34 year old dman signed at 8.8 million for 3 more years and has a full NMC for the entirety of his contract? I guess.

JD86

Feb 29, 2024
Stamkos is reportedly pretty upset that he was jilted by Tampa Bay. Would he want to go to Vegas? They're a team with literally no concept of loyalty or decency when it comes to players. Trotz just helped his buddy take his family back home when he got homesick. I guess he could just ring chase for a year

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
If we sign Stephenson, I hope to be surprised, but he was always seen as nothing more than a 4th liner until he was on a stacked Vegas team. And even his big success was a 60 point player. I'm sure he'll be a good player here, but the situation is extremely ripe for an overpayment.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
They both scored 40 just last year...

Since they're obviously not rebuilding, this is EXACTLY what they need to be doing. Take a shot
Assuming we do end up signing these guys we're tied too, we in some sense will have rebuilt it's just been replacing vets with other better vets instead of young guys. That being said we do have a strong prospect pool now too. If this ends up working than Trotz is going to have introduced a new strategy to rebuilding. It does have the potential to blow up spectacularly too though so we will see.

Reactions: hockey diva

JD86

Feb 29, 2024
Yeah, I know. Tongue-in-cheek type of comment.
I hear you, they are hockey old, but they can score some goals. I really like Marchessault though, I always kind of saw him as the heart of the Vegas team. He was always flying around and annoying the other teams.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Reactions: bdub24

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Honestly if we refuse to rebuild Marchessault, Stamkos, Skjei, and Carrier definitely make the team better in the short term.

Long term... i gave no clue where that puts fabbro, Pärssinen, Tomasino, glass, etc.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
I hear you, they are hockey old, but they can score some goals. I really like Marchessault though, I always kind of saw him as the heart of the Vegas team. He was always flying around and annoying the other teams.
But I am still worried about our age structure. We're going to be a really old team next year.

Hungry dogs run faster, I just worry that all we're going to get are players looking for their retirement money and home.

Reactions: hockey diva

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
At this point, I think Duchene's just trolling us :laugh:. Keeps playing for our biggest rival all the while we're paying him 6 mil next year.

Reeallly hoping we're in on Pinto...

Want Pinto

So if we sign Stamkos, Skjei, and Marchasseault and get Pinto I think we have enough cap space to get it done

Stamkos: $9x3

Marchasseault $7x3

Skjei : $6x3

Pinto: 2025 1st, Tomasino, Fabbro (Cap dump) for him. We sign him 5x$5M

I think that would give us enough room to qualify everyone else

Forsberg-ROR-Nyquist
Stamkos-Pinto-Marchasseault
Parsinnen-Novak-Evangelista
Jankowski-Sissons-Smith

Josi-Lauzon
Skjei-Schenn
Stastny-Livingstone'
Del Gaizo

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Honestly if we refuse to rebuild Marchessault, Stamkos, Skjei, and Carrier definitely make the team better in the short term.

Long term... i gave no clue where that puts fabbro, Pärssinen, Tomasino, glass, etc.
I think it's a sign that those guys are on their way out which has really been evident since the middle of last season. Parsinnen is the only one I see sticking around.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
If we sign Stephenson, I hope to be surprised, but he was always seen as nothing more than a 4th liner until he was on a stacked Vegas team. And even his big success was a 60 point player. I'm sure he'll be a good player here, but the situation is extremely ripe for an overpayment.
His first season with big season with Vegas he had 64 points and was the 2nd leading scorer. Stone missed most of the season. He was also the 2nd leading scorer on that cup team with 65 points. He had 20 points in 22 playoff games that season.

But yeah in Washington he struggled but he was what 24 when he was traded?

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
1719846416133.png

• Haha
Reactions: bdub24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad