GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Let's get this going on as well. A pretty exciting FA Frenzy for the Preds coming up as they are rumoured to be in on multiple top UFA's this year.

I think we will sign at least Skjei and Stephenson.

Bertuzzi is another one we should be interested in, assuming we're not bringing Zucker back. I'd actually prefer Bertuzzi to Stephenson as I think we should give Pärssinen a real shot at center, which I think is a spot Stephenson would take.

Anyway, here's to an eventful FA Frenzy!

Reactions: hido

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Sounds like Reinhart is off the table.

Dmen of interest
Skjei, Pesce, Zadorov, Gustafsson

Forwards of interest
Stamkos
Marchessault
Stephenson
Guentzel (likely staying in tampa)
Lindholm (please not a regrettable contract)
Tarasenko
Bertuzzi

Probably some under the radae players but thats about it.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Reinhart and apparently Guentzel both officially off the market.

Have to think it's going to be a dogfight for Stamkos as he's the only remaining top forward on the market.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Have a feeling that after today, i will be either underwhelmed or perplexed as to what direction this team is going.

I hope im wrong
Me too.

On Reinhart, the Yankees and Canadians are already crying " tax break " on that deal. He got a little bit more than Forsberg, which I see as a pretty good comparable tbh.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Do we know who all we actually sent QOs to? Capfriendly is just showing Tomasino, Pärssinen, Wilsby, Del Gaizo, and Stastney as RFAs now so i guess everyone else didnt

From a pretty credible source:

A collection of thoughts and predictions as NHL signing season kicks off

Skjei and Stephenson to Nashville.
Im perfectly fine with that. I'm just not sure how our d group lines up with Skjei and Josi both as LHD. Their style is really too similar to have play together.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I'm also curious to see what trades we make when the dust settles. Would surprise me if all of Glass, Tomasino, Fabbro, etc were still on the team next year.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I'm also curious to see what trades we make when the dust settles. Would surprise me if all of Glass, Tomasino, Fabbro, etc were still on the team next year.
With the returns players like Holtz got is any indicator, id rather just hold onto those players and use them as extras for the season than receive next to nothing as a return

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Last edited:
Reactions: AintLifeGrand

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Even after letting their UFAs walk and Lehner on LTIR, Vegas has just under 7 million in capspace and 19 contracts. I personally dont see how they could make a stamkos contract work unless they got a trade lined up for Karlsson, Barbashev, or Theodore

Even after letting their UFAs walk and Lehner on LTIR, Vegas has just under 7 million in capspace and 19 contracts. I personally dont see how they could make a stamkos contract work unless they got a trade lined up for Karlsson, Barbashev, or Theodore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad