GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I think in some years past there’s been a younger FA group. This one is old as hell but still getting contracts taking them into their late 30s when they’re already declining today
Why? When has the top of FA classes ever been that?

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I wonder if this is teams trying to go all in before the next round of expansion further dilutes the talent pool and makes the odds of winning it all even lower?

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Having some pork knuckle bone broth while i wait out these high high prices and lagging servers

Reactions: Ail

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I suspect the team has a bunch of smaller deals ready to go around noon

arvidsson is out there still, all the other guys like that are gone. Guess we’ll see what our boy wonder GM has up his sleeve

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
We need to keep in mind that the teams splurging on July 1st are all teams that are not very good and desperate to jump up to the level we are already at. Devils, Preds. They'll probably live to regret these deals, because they arent Cup contenders on paper

Reactions: Takeahnase

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I think in some years past there’s been a younger FA group. This one is old as hell but still getting contracts taking them into their late 30s when they’re already declining today
Those are all problems for the next GM. Only standout stupid one so far is Tanev imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad