GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I'm saying that based on this thread:

Whether that's legit or not, I don't know. That's why it's a rumor.
Short version: no it's not legit. One of the hosts of Overdrive (TSN Toronto radio program) said "I thought I heard some insider saying maybe Pieterangelo is on the block". Newsflash: no insider has said such a thing. And someone made a thread based on this comment, made in a show like two weeks ago.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Short version: no it's not legit. One of the hosts of Overdrive (TSN Toronto radio program) said "I thought I heard some insider saying maybe Pieterangelo is on the block". Newsflash: no insider has said such a thing. And someone made a thread based on this comment, made in a show like two weeks ago.
He has a full NMC...he loves living in Vegas. He's going nowhere....plus his game has fallen off hard.

Reactions: LOFIN

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
He has a full NMC...he loves living in Vegas. He's going nowhere....plus his game has fallen off hard.
Yeah I mean Vegas could want to shop him, I doubt he has any intention leaving.

But I guess when we are talking about Vegas, nothing is ever off the table. Even with a NMC. They will get mafia to make him an offer he cannot refuse or something.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Yeah I mean Vegas could want to shop him, I doubt he has any intention leaving.

But I guess when we are talking about Vegas, nothing is ever off the table. Even with a NMC. They will get mafia to make him an offer he cannot refuse or something.
He's 34 with young kids & took plenty of time to scout out the city before deciding to sign there. Like Trouba, his wife was a big factor in the process, not because she has a career of her own, but it seems like they have a very strong partnership. They're not uprooting their kids at this point.

Regardless, he's cooked & makes almost $9M...what team is taking on 3 more years of that deal without a ton of retention or a huge sweetener? I just don't see it.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Drury likes to bet on 11-13F and signing them to a potential bargain later deal

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I thought the whole thing didn't kick off until.12pm NY time?
I know teams talk anyway but surely an announcement like this shouldn't be happening yet?
It's likely the player has permission to talk to other teams. The deal won't be official until noon, but they can work out then numbers ahead of time.

Reactions: mike14

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
It's not an announcement, is it?
Only if you see this preceed it

IMG_0824.gif

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
The tweet isn't an announcement, but it is announcing terms that technically shouldn't be agreed to yet...
I mean that's a pretty vague announcement of terms. Not the exact AAV, no info on if it's 1-way or 2-way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad