GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
giphy.gif
IMG_0822.gif

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Bertuzzi has gone over 60 points once in his career. He usually settles in the 40's. His physical side is about as consistent as Kreider's. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's kind of there and sometimes it isn't. If we're bringing in a guy like him we should be careful not to go overboard on his contract. Personally I'd prefer Stamkos (though not on a long term) or Marchessault if we can manage it.

I'm not a big fan of Bert's. That said I would think he'd be a much better fit in our top 6 than Kakko was last year or Wheeler who wasn't very good at all IMO and a significant upgrade on Roslovic who was somewhat better than Kakko and Wheeler last year in the top 6 but still left a lot to be desired.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Lomberg is a bad player, coming off a terrible year and playoff healthy scratches, who wants so much money that he couldn't even reach an agreement to extend with Florida. Why would you possibly want to pay for him?
Lomberg is literally Goodrow, minus the 40% playoff shooting percentage.

As always, the task is to find the next Lombergy guy and pay him league minimum while winning the Cup.

Also, who’s ready to be wildly disappointed and angry today!?!?

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
We're going to end up with the same team minus Trouba arent we. Then we'll add a couple of mid pieces at the trade deadline.
That team represents an upgrade and has cap space. What’s not to like?

We are better just with Trouba out of the lineup.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Lomberg is not as good a player as Goodrow. Is not going to be a face-off guy or a penalty killer either. Not a guy you want out on the ice to close out a 1 goal lead. He's small and stocky, hits a lot and a lot more frequently and harder than Goodrow. He gets under skins better and also fights more than Barclay. Think Hollweg.....maybe a little more skill and he's better at fighting than Hollweg was. That's pretty much I think what he is though. He's effectively a pest and pretty good at it.

Reactions: EEL

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Not only did Brooks get Bertuzzi’s size wrong, but he’s complaining about the guy that had 10 points in 7 playoff games against Florida last year? Must be nice to be able to make a living just making shit up most of the time.

All so we can play a rookie who isnt ready in the top 6. Im not the biggest Bertuzzi guy but hes immediately our best option there by a mile if they bring him in.

My prediction for today is Elias Lindholm. I dont think his market is nearly what people think after the shine has come off him the last few seasons. I think he gets a Trocheck level deal for th the Rangers (7 years 5-5.5 mil). I think DeBrusk is also a guy who has always been rumored here. Drury is going to spread the cap space to beef up the roster.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
1RW and 1LD are the big needs.

Lindgren I think could fit well with Jones on the third pair. Schneider gets his permanent promotion to the second pair. That leaves the empty spots next to Fox and Kreider/Zibanejad.

Reactions: Circus86

Rullailija

Oct 29, 2017
Lomberg is a bad player, coming off a terrible year and playoff healthy scratches, who wants so much money that he couldn't even reach an agreement to extend with Florida. Why would you possibly want to pay for him?
Would have to come on the cheap, so he can be buried if it doesn't work out. Maybe Florida ditching him humbles him? Or most likely someone will overpay like always for cup winners.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Marchessault would be a great add. Brooks commenting on his height at this point in his career is hilarious and insulting to JAM. He plays bigger than the majority of the Rangers players over 6 foot. Could be nice for Laffy to play with another French-Canadian. Does Marchessault still have strong feelings against us for not giving us a chance? I know hed love to beat the Panthers again, who dumped him even more unceremoniously.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
1RW and 1LD are the big needs.

Lindgren I think could fit well with Jones on the third pair. Schneider gets his permanent promotion to the second pair. That leaves the empty spots next to Fox and Kreider/Zibanejad.

Would you look for coverage for Chytil at FA time, or roll the dice on him and use the LTIR overage if the worst was to happen?

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
We have never, ever done anything like that before

Actually we did in 2022 didnt we? I remember they went into that season with a bunch of cap space, extended Fox and Mika right before the season started and then added heavily at the deadline. My strong preference would be to build a team thats actually complete for Opening Night

Reactions: Atax

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Actually we did in 2022 didnt we? I remember they went into that season with a bunch of cap space, extended Fox and Mika right before the season started and then added heavily at the deadline. My strong preference would be to build a team thats actually complete for Opening Night

Not 15-20 million. I think they had like $2-2.5m to start the season which accrued to a bunch later

Reactions: McRanger92

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Trading Trouba and signing Roy would be a massive improvement.

Have no clue what he's doing with LHD and a top9 Forward.

I'd rather add another Center and move Chytil to wing. We definitely need a plan B if Chytil stays at Center.

Going to have to make a trade for our LHD. Getting a Pinto and Chychrun package makes sense to me.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Would you look for coverage for Chytil at FA time, or roll the dice on him and use the LTIR overage if the worst was to happen?

Mentioned it before but Lindholm makes a ton of sense. RW who plays all situations, and can slide over. Seems like a Drury guy.

Reactions: mike14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad