GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Great Kane contract for the Wings, it’s 1 for an easy 5.5, and then he actually has to play well to get the last million.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I know you don't really want to pick up the Ducks scraps but Urho Vaakaneinen and Brett Leason might not be terrible depth adds. Both PK (very poorly).

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Why? We have a ton of cap space this year. 1 year deals are fine. Even more so if we move Trouba.
Because he's not what this team needs to prioritize. We need guys who can skate, improve zone entries, win battles & get to the net. That is not Kane.

Maybe if he was brought in at a low number to round out the roster after upgrading the D, & adding some speed then I'd be ok with it. Giving him a large chunk of our available space would've limited their options.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Gaudreau, Zibs, Kakko

Those 3 names together made my eyes twitch.

If any of you have kids acting up because of a severe sugar rush, I bet if you said to them "Gaudreau, Zibs, Kakko" they'll be under the table fast asleep.
I get my kids to sleep by playing them my 90 minute Mika Breaks His Stick Shooting compilation video over the projector.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
I do wonder if any team tries to sign one of these guys. Perhaps someone has some intel that X player is gonna be let off or charges to be dropped. McLeod is really good.

• Wow
Reactions: CasusBelli

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
I can see why some guys are upset. I mean, I would keep trouba. He is easier to move next year and Lindgren is a worse player in every measurable and eye test way. He would have been my priority, not Trouba.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I do wonder if any team tries to sign one of these guys. Perhaps someone has some intel that X player is gonna be let off or charges to be dropped. McLeod is really good.

Not a chance unless they're fully exonerated with zero prejudice. If they get off, but there's Ben Rapistburger like suspicion hanging over them, they'll be lucky to lace em up in a beer league.

Reactions: Siddi

nyaz11

Jun 15, 2021
There’s one name that makes a ton of sense, that no one is talking about. If money is close to Trochek - Elias Lindholm is a great fit here.

2-way player, can play center or wing, protects against Chytil injury. Can play up and down lineup. Pks, wins draws - doesn’t require spot on top power play.

If the number is anywhere close to 6 - few better fits, outside of physicality.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
There’s one name that makes a ton of sense, that no one is talking about. If money is close to Trochek - Elias Lindholm is a great fit here.

2-way player, can play center or wing, protects against Chytil injury. Can play up and down lineup. Pks, wins draws - doesn’t require spot on top power play.

If the number is anywhere close to 6 - few better fits, outside of physicality.
I can see Boston overpaying him. Plus every team needs two Lindholm's.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Monday is the day that Jacob Trouba’s no-move clause transforms to a 15-team no-trade list. There are apparently hurt feelings on the part of the captain, maybe even deservedly so over the way the club’s intentions were splashed all over the papers and the internet last week.

But it would be counterproductive for Trouba to put on a pout and attempt to make it as difficult as possible for the Rangers to trade him. Trouba has always played hardball in contract negotiations. He had leverage with then-GM Jeff Gorton after the Blueshirts obtained the defenseman from Winnipeg in 2019 with one year left on his deal ahead of potential free agency that he used to get his current seven-year, $56M contract that has two years remaining.

Now the Rangers have leverage via the limited no-trade clause and have decided they can’t afford an $8M cap hit for a defenseman who is projected to be on the third pair. It doesn’t matter whether he was Captain Courageous playing on a broken ankle in the playoffs or not.

If Trouba does not approve a trade to Detroit that is believed in place, he will ultimately be sent somewhere else, perhaps by waivers. The decision has been made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay